Alnylam
www.alnylam.com Cambridge, MA 50 to 149 Employees

Not the best place I've worked, but not the worst.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Alnylam full-time

ProsCompensation was good and liked my colleagues a great deal. It was a fast paced environment which could be attractive to some. The tuition reimbursement was a definite plus.

ConsThe fast paced environment leads to costly mistakes and stress that are not needed and completely preventable. Publicly traded biotech is unstable and Alnylam is not immune. Supposedly management cut deep during the first layoffs (2010) so they would not have to repeat anytime soon. Then in early 2012, another 33% of the workforce was cut. The vesting schedule on stock options was not helpful. Work/Life balance was becoming questionable when I left.

Advice to Senior ManagementSlow down

Politics, Politics, Politics....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Cambridge, MA

I worked at Alnylam full-time

Pros: Great, friendly, and hard working colleagues in R & D,… Cons: However, the rest of the company (and some of the more senior staff in the above departments) is all about politics and playing "the game."… Advice to Senior Management: Management should truly look to see who is doing the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Loved the people!

Research Associate (Former Employee)
Cambridge, MA

I worked at Alnylam full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: I absolutely loved my group! The culture there was awesome!… Cons: We went through two restructurings with no warning...need I say… Advice to Senior Management: Share with the employees more of what is going on… – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Alnylam.

Worked for Alnylam? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alnylam reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Alnylam CEO John M. Maraganore. All reviews posted anonymously by Alnylam employees.