There are newer employer reviews for AlphaGraphics

Large company with what seems like no growth.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at AlphaGraphics full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The employees at corporate are very nice and always willing to help out if you have any questions....
Sometimes it can be fun to work there but towards the end it got worse

Cons

Corporate is nice because they want their royalties.
They take 20% of everything the franchise makes
The franchise I worked at had an owner that had no idea how to run a business - corporate should have come over from Utah to give him some business management lessons before they let him open up his own franchise which is now doing terrible.
I have sent several customers that way after I left and they all come back to me telling me that either the order was messed up or they didn't like the way it came back, or it was late or taking too long to get done. - makes me look like i don't know what i'm talking about...
there is no movement within each franchise - once you're hired as something, you can't move up unless your shop is doing extremely well.
i was there for a year and i never got a raise, commission, or any bonuses that were promised to be on an incentive base
I don't think new stores should be opening at this time - the printing business is a dying business. if people want something printed they can send out for it online, or stop over at staples and get it done by themselves on a printer or have the employees do it for them in no time.
No one needs a big print shop that doesn't even print offset - only digital - can't use cool papers or thick paper can't print envelopes or letterhead or anything really.

You need to look deeper into who you're letting open a franchise. It makes you guys look bad when the owner of one of your branches is losing so much money and everyone keeps quitting. My old boss had no sales ability and just sat in the office for hours upon hours doing nothing. He didn't know how to work one machine in case his employees called out sick. Never acquired new business - and picked out clients that he thought were special and spent all his time on them. He couldn't even give us the bonuses we were promised when hired because we weren't making any money. I spent a year there with no raise (although i asked 3 times and got shot down).

37 Other Employee Reviews for AlphaGraphics (View Most Recent)

Great fast paced place to work.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at AlphaGraphics full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great teamwork; the hours are great. the days are never boring; the day always goes really fast. You also learn a lot on this job - it looks easy but since we do custom projects it can get quite complicated. Not a typical copy place at all. These guys know what they are doing.

Cons

Stressful at times; nothing else

nothing

Best mangers ever!

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Bountiful, UT
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Bountiful, UT

I worked at AlphaGraphics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere among co-workers. High Team spirit. Recognition program is excellent. Family orientated, caring and supporting owners and managers.

Cons

Can't not think of any.

Annual Reviews would be nice.

There are newer employer reviews for AlphaGraphics