AlphaGraphics

www.alphagraphics.com

Large company with what seems like no growth.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsThe employees at corporate are very nice and always willing to help out if you have any questions....
Sometimes it can be fun to work there but towards the end it got worse

ConsCorporate is nice because they want their royalties.
They take 20% of everything the franchise makes
The franchise I worked at had an owner that had no idea how to run a business - corporate should have come over from Utah to give him some business management lessons before they let him open up his own franchise which is now doing terrible.
I have sent several customers that way after I left and they all come back to me telling me that either the order was messed up or they didn't like the way it came back, or it was late or taking too long to get done. - makes me look like i don't know what i'm talking about...
there is no movement within each franchise - once you're hired as something, you can't move up unless your shop is doing extremely well.
i was there for a year and i never got a raise, commission, or any bonuses that were promised to be on an incentive base
I don't think new stores should be opening at this time - the printing business is a dying business. if people want something printed they can send out for it online, or stop over at staples and get it done by themselves on a printer or have the employees do it for them in no time.
No one needs a big print shop that doesn't even print offset - only digital - can't use cool papers or thick paper can't print envelopes or letterhead or anything really.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to look deeper into who you're letting open a franchise. It makes you guys look bad when the owner of one of your branches is losing so much money and everyone keeps quitting. My old boss had no sales ability and just sat in the office for hours upon hours doing nothing. He didn't know how to work one machine in case his employees called out sick. Never acquired new business - and picked out clients that he thought were special and spent all his time on them. He couldn't even give us the bonuses we were promised when hired because we weren't making any money. I spent a year there with no raise (although i asked 3 times and got shot down).

Best mangers ever!

Graphic Designer (Former Employee) Bountiful, UT

I worked at AlphaGraphics full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Friendly atmosphere among co-workers. High Team spirit. Recognition program is… Cons: Can't not think of any. Advice to Senior Management: Annual Reviews would be nice. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good Company

Sales (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at AlphaGraphics full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great company with good people. Cons: Company changes due to owners wishes, budget cuts. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on AlphaGraphics.

Worked for AlphaGraphics? Contribute to the Community!