Alphatec Spine

www.alphatecspine.com

Have to stop the revolving door first

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Carlsbad, CA

ProsIt's apart of the medical device industry, so if you're interested in that field you can get some good experience. It's located in Carlsbad, a quiet town with plenty of parking, so it's easy to get in and out of.

There's a social committee that puts on small events to try to lift morale.

ConsI've been with the company for almost 2 years and people come and go every week. It's hard to have any momentum when you have new people that are learning the business everywhere.

No energy in the office, doesn't seem like people care and the veterans seem to have stopped caring. Seems like people view this place as somewhere to hang out while looking for something better.

People aren't very social, maybe it's the engineering culture in parts of the building, but people here rarely acknowledge others existence, don't say hello. Some are just plain rude. Could be low morale due to people disappearing all the time.

Employees don't know what the goals are. Who runs the show? Is it Management or HealthPoint?

I've never heard anyone say they like working here.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou gotta bring in young potential, fresh untainted blood. The current focus of hiring industry veterans is not working, seems like we're hiring other company's problems. Successful employees rarely jump around to other companies, we need to grow our own stars.

Needs Direction

Finance & Accounting (Current Employee) Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Alphatec Spine

Pros: Carlsbad is a nice area. Non management employees are easy… Cons: High turnover rate. Culture = work long hours with little to no reward. No true direction for the… Advice to Senior Management: Value the employees, they are the key to the success… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

I want those 6 years of my life back, what a waste of time in a horrible culture.

CNC Machinist/Programmer (Former Employee) Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Alphatec Spine

Pros: Location is good, weather is nice, and the new buildings are… Cons: Director of AMG is way over his head. VP of R & D has no work/life balance. Compensation from the… Advice to Senior Management: Get your money back for your schooling, you were cheated, since you clearly… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Alphatec Spine.

Worked for Alphatec Spine? Contribute to the Community!