Have to stop the revolving door first

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Carlsbad, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Alphatec Spine

Pros

It's apart of the medical device industry, so if you're interested in that field you can get some good experience. It's located in Carlsbad, a quiet town with plenty of parking, so it's easy to get in and out of.

There's a social committee that puts on small events to try to lift morale.

Cons

I've been with the company for almost 2 years and people come and go every week. It's hard to have any momentum when you have new people that are learning the business everywhere.

No energy in the office, doesn't seem like people care and the veterans seem to have stopped caring. Seems like people view this place as somewhere to hang out while looking for something better.

People aren't very social, maybe it's the engineering culture in parts of the building, but people here rarely acknowledge others existence, don't say hello. Some are just plain rude. Could be low morale due to people disappearing all the time.

Employees don't know what the goals are. Who runs the show? Is it Management or HealthPoint?

I've never heard anyone say they like working here.

You gotta bring in young potential, fresh untainted blood. The current focus of hiring industry veterans is not working, seems like we're hiring other company's problems. Successful employees rarely jump around to other companies, we need to grow our own stars.

Other Reviews for Alphatec Spine

Needs Direction

Current Employee - Finance & Accounting  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Finance & Accounting in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Alphatec Spine

Pros

Carlsbad is a nice area. Non management employees are easy to work with.

Cons

High turnover rate. Culture = work long hours with little to no reward. No true direction for the company. Upper Management is out of touch with employees. Management is allowed to terminate employees with little to no justification.

Value the employees, they are the key to the success of any company.

I want those 6 years of my life back, what a waste of time in a horrible culture.

Former Employee - CNC Machinist/Programmer  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - CNC Machinist/Programmer in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Alphatec Spine

Pros

Location is good, weather is nice, and the new buildings are close to each other. Some of the employees know what their doing.

Cons

Director of AMG is way over his head. VP of R & D has no work/life balance. Compensation from the top down is appalling, with the executives getting everything from car to housing allowances while denying hourly employees raises and bonuses.

Get your money back for your schooling, you were cheated, since you clearly do not know how to manage people. Morale is in the toilet, wake up!

There are newer employer reviews for Alphatec Spine.

Worked for Alphatec Spine? Contribute to the Community!