Alphatec Spine
www.alphatecspine.com Carlsbad, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Nice to be in an environ where there are more and more changes for the better and where I can make a difference.

Product Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Alphatec Spine

ProsI like the people who I work with, I'm getting more authority to make decisions about my projects and Alphatec is continuing to grow and change quickly which means that my work stays interesting and challenging. The company also now seems to be on the right track with regard to focusing on fewer things (and the right things) to increase our profitability.

ConsHistorically Marketing hasn't had as much influence over project prioritization and other decisions as they should have had (although this seems to be changing somewhat), it sometimes feels like there's a little too much drama when changes occur, and communication could still be improved throughout the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvolve us more in strategic decisions that the company is making -- there's a lot of insight that people at the product manager level can offer. Also, keep improving organizational communication.

Momentum upwards with new CEO and focus on top products in 2012

I have been working at Alphatec Spine

Pros: Intimate customer knowledge and support, specialized products for spine, blend… Cons: IT and intranet infrastructure requires manual processes. Once funds are… Advice to Senior Management: Ensure decisions being made are inclusive of middle management. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

If you're ready to grab the orthopedic spine market by the balls, bring your brains and your A game.

Design Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Alphatec Spine

Pros: Access to a wide variety of surgeons that regularly place implants. These people know what works and will certainly educate anyone willing to listen.… Cons: There's no magic wand that can be waved to make your project succeed. You actually have to get in front of the project and… Advice to Senior Management: Know your opportunities. Carve out a selection of conservative no-brainer revenue… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Alphatec Spine.

Worked for Alphatec Spine? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alphatec Spine reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Alphatec Spine CEO Leslie H. Cross. All reviews posted anonymously by Alphatec Spine employees.