Nice to be in an environ where there are more and more changes for the better and where I can make a difference.

Current Employee - Product Manager  in  Carlsbad, CA
Current Employee - Product Manager in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Alphatec Spine

Pros

I like the people who I work with, I'm getting more authority to make decisions about my projects and Alphatec is continuing to grow and change quickly which means that my work stays interesting and challenging. The company also now seems to be on the right track with regard to focusing on fewer things (and the right things) to increase our profitability.

Cons

Historically Marketing hasn't had as much influence over project prioritization and other decisions as they should have had (although this seems to be changing somewhat), it sometimes feels like there's a little too much drama when changes occur, and communication could still be improved throughout the organization.

Involve us more in strategic decisions that the company is making -- there's a lot of insight that people at the product manager level can offer. Also, keep improving organizational communication.

Other Reviews for Alphatec Spine

Momentum upwards with new CEO and focus on top products in 2012

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Alphatec Spine

Pros

Intimate customer knowledge and support, specialized products for spine, blend of operational and strategic in a start up company

Cons

IT and intranet infrastructure requires manual processes. Once funds are avaiable this will make life much easier for all employees

Ensure decisions being made are inclusive of middle management.

If you're ready to grab the orthopedic spine market by the balls, bring your brains and your A game.

Current Employee - Design Engineer  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Alphatec Spine

Pros

Access to a wide variety of surgeons that regularly place implants. These people know what works and will certainly educate anyone willing to listen. They are the market. It's a very dynamic environment with dramatic successes and equally dramatic failures. Eighty percent of all startups fail. Alphatec's demonstrated ability to generate revenue indicates there is more than a chance for success with hard work as the foundation.

I suspect most of the negative posts were placed by former employees whose employment was terminated by the company. The rest are from people who just want a job. A word of advice to the latter: EDCO and Waste Management are always looking for people that just want a job...

You want your six years back? You should have payed attention in high school and went to college.

Cons

There's no magic wand that can be waved to make your project succeed. You actually have to get in front of the project and make it happen. Seriously the biggest issue at the company has to be the diminished expectations of our client base due to previous poor performance.

Know your opportunities. Carve out a selection of conservative no-brainer revenue generating projects balanced with an array of aggressive, new, big earning options.

There are newer employer reviews for Alphatec Spine.

Worked for Alphatec Spine? Contribute to the Community!