Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
www.stjude.org Memphis, TN 1000 to 5000 Employees

Inefficient charity with unsustainable business model

Marketing (Former Employee)
Memphis, TN

I worked at Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe hospital you work to support is one of the best medical centers in the world. Lower-level workers "get" the mission and sacrifice mightily to achieve it.

ConsThe management at the charity is incompetent, insensitive and overpaid. The charity's own expenses are rapidly approaching $200 million a year. That's unacceptable, especially when its donors are expecting the charity to spend their gifts on the children at the hospital, not the executives at the charity. The CEO's salary has nearly tripled in the past two years, even as he asks others to sacrifice for "the mission".

Advice to Senior ManagementAt some point, spending a quarter of annual revenue on things like executive salaries and other perks will not be possible. This is why Charity Navigator downgraded this charity's rating over a year ago.

Love this company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Memphis, TN

I worked at Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Everyone is extremely friendly. It's a humbling experience. You know that… Cons: No cons, it was a fun environment. Perhaps a little outdated with the computers… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great Mission

Memphis, TN

I have been working at Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital as an intern for more than 8 years

Pros: The mission is fantastic and the benefits are wonderful. Cons: Organization is top heavy with management and the work life… – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Worked for Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital employees.