There are newer employer reviews for Alsco

long term career job opportunity, do well at your job and you will be taken care of

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

I have been working at Alsco

Pros

always given something to work for. If you perform you will be rewarded. Family like atmoshpere. Can talk to management if you need to about anything. Overall great place to work that is involved in the community and there for its employees.

Cons

My job in paticular can be very time consuming which means less time at home. i get tired alot from kickin ass all over our competition, so if we could not be so awesome that would help :)

Advice to Management

my feedback as an employee of alsco to my management would have to be thanks. Thanks for all the opportunities that you have provided for me and thanks for the rewards when i meet my goals. and just for being there in tough times for more people than you know.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blackfoot, ID
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Blackfoot, ID

I have been working at Alsco

Pros

lots of freedom and room to move up in company.

Cons

long hours, a lot of demand on route drivers

Advice to Management

take interest in employees needs

A good job but not a career

Current Employee - General Office in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - General Office in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Alsco

Pros

A Stable company that will provide long term job security. It does not take much to become a high performer. Very relaxed with light workloads and people are generally nice. A great place to work if you want to punch a clock and keep it as an eight to five gig.

Cons

A high deductable, self insured medical and dental plan is the only option and it is prohibitively expensive for non-executive employees with families. Poor overall benefits package with old antiquated processes and systems. Old school family leadership that leads to nepotisms, and a lack of opportunity that can be downright hostile. Education, pedigree, or job performance is not valued as much as tenure. Bottom line, it’s a good job but does not provide any challenges, opportunities for growth or advancement.

Advice to Management

Get with the times!! If you fail to adapt you will not have an adequate succession plan. If you want talented leaders in the pipeline you are going to have to sac-up and change or pay for it. Otherwise Alsco will continue to only build marginal shareholder wealth and will continue to be a mediocre company that will never become anything great among its peers.