It was a sales position that you had no control over results

Former Employee - Account Sales Consultant  in  Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Account Sales Consultant in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Alsco

Pros

Background in the linen industry or restaurant industry is gained. Beyond that unless you are willing to relocate to their choice of any where in the country you will really not be moving upwards.

Cons

Poor communication, sales commissions depends on 8-12 week pay out on products sold. Average item revenue for company weekly $2-3.00 not a lot to build up commissions with.

Other Reviews for Alsco

Do your work and management leaves you alone.

Current Employee - Production  in  Laramie, WY
    Current Employee - Production in Laramie, WY

I have been working at Alsco

Pros

Okay benefits, Good work hours, and no weekends

Cons

Nothing ever changes for the better. We have production manager that his only focus is the irons and what they get. He could care less about any other department. What they get to accomplish thier work. How things are done anywhere else in the plant. Does nothing to help or fix any situation that is being done in a matter that should not be done. has no people skills. does not know how to talk to people.

Make the production Manager take care of production plant wide. Not just the irons. Make the safety meetings a plant wide issue. They do not work as they are now. You can bring up a plant problem concerning safety. Nothing is ever done to fix or eliminate the safety issues. I believe if safety meetings were held with the entire plant once a month. Involve evrybody. That they might actually do some good. Make everyone aware of safety plant wide.

i have grown tremendiously through the support of our upper management

Current Employee - Garmets  in  Eugene, OR
    Current Employee - Garmets in Eugene, OR

I have been working at Alsco

Pros

very supportive and family orienetated work enviroment, upper management is very sincere, and willing to help you help yourself, very diverse group of employees and an amazing non racist atmospere. alsco will help you shine in many ways, since i have started working at alsco i have grown from the inside out, i am truely happy where i work.

Cons

very hot in the summer time, almost unbarable, there are not really any cons to working here, we get paid weekly, we make alright money, there are not alot of demands, just work hard and do a good job doing it, besides that be respectful. can you really complain about that?

keep doing what you are doing cause whatever it is, its working, we all really appreciate your support and the compassion you show us. you all really make all the differance as to how the work enviroment feels. and that my friends is where it's at!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Alsco.

Worked for Alsco? Contribute to the Community!