There are newer employer reviews for Alstom Power

Overall the experience at Alstom Power, Inc. is positive.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Windsor Locks, CT
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Windsor Locks, CT

I worked at Alstom Power

Pros

Some of the pros of the organization include the ability to work in a global organization with exposure to multiple cultures and the ability to work on projects that are executed around the world.

Cons

The cons of working there is that the business is based on an industry that is very dependant on the currect political positions on power generation.

Advice to Management

Any advice to management would be to ensure that the business model be closely tied to the currrent trend of the industry.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Gross incompetence in Senior Management lead to poor employee performance

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

I worked at Alstom Power

Pros

Benefits Package, Nice building layout and cafeteria, this is the place I would go if I was at the end of my career and didn't care about advancement.

Cons

Extremely disorganized and ill-trained senior management with no concept of leadership or promoting their best. They are most concerned with keeping those around them who will be yes men.

Advice to Management

A great enhancement is needed within the human resources department in order to better evaluate current employee potential so that you don't layoff your best talent in exchange for those who have higher salaries that have simply been there longer giving no extra effort what so ever.

2. Great place to work. Your attitude is everything here!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Alstom Power

Pros

Fantastic benefits! Competitive salary. Worked closely with upper management and I saw how hard they try to please everyone, sometimes to their detriment. Several ungrateful employees really took advantage. This is one of those places where it is exactly what you make of it. They would greatly prefer to promote from within - you just have to earn it. If you want to coast through and just draw that paycheck this might not be the place for you.

Cons

Language and cultural differences can be a little tough. The company structure as a whole is very complex and changes constantly, so it can be very confusing as to who is responsible for what.

Advice to Management

Simplify a bit, but otherwise keep putting the employees first!