There are newer employer reviews for Alstom Power

A place where technical expertise is appreciated

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

I have been working at Alstom Power

Pros

International company with international flavor

Cons

Slow bureaucracy, not a lot of accountability for serious errors.

Advice to Management

Practice Alstom principles

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Positive experience for first job out of college. Many opportunities for a long-term career.

Current Employee - Generator Engineer in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Generator Engineer in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Alstom Power

Pros

Being a global company, there are many opportunities for travel for training and job site experience. Job seems very stable and since the company is so large, there are opportunities for lateral moves within the company to different departments. Management and coworkers are very easy to work for and with.

Cons

The annual salary increases have been minimal thus far. Within my group, it seems as though opportunities for hierarchical advancement seem low, unless I get an MBA and move to the business or project management side of the company.

Advice to Management

As stated in the Cons section, the only downside I've found after 2 years is that compared to my peers in my Mechanical Engineering graduating class who are working for other industries, the starting salary has been typical, but the annual salary increases have been minimal.

2. Overall the experience at Alstom Power, Inc. is positive.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Windsor Locks, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Windsor Locks, CT

I worked at Alstom Power

Pros

Some of the pros of the organization include the ability to work in a global organization with exposure to multiple cultures and the ability to work on projects that are executed around the world.

Cons

The cons of working there is that the business is based on an industry that is very dependant on the currect political positions on power generation.

Advice to Management

Any advice to management would be to ensure that the business model be closely tied to the currrent trend of the industry.