Alstom Power

www.power.alstom.com
  www.power.alstom.com
There are newer employer reviews for Alstom Power

A place where technical expertise is appreciated

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

I have been working at Alstom Power

Pros

International company with international flavor

Cons

Slow bureaucracy, not a lot of accountability for serious errors.

Practice Alstom principles

144 Other Employee Reviews for Alstom Power (View Most Recent)

Positive experience for first job out of college. Many opportunities for a long-term career.

Current Employee - Generator Engineer in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Generator Engineer in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Alstom Power

Pros

Being a global company, there are many opportunities for travel for training and job site experience.
    Job seems very stable and since the company is so large, there are opportunities for lateral moves within the company to different departments.
    Management and coworkers are very easy to work for and with.

Cons

The annual salary increases have been minimal thus far.
    Within my group, it seems as though opportunities for hierarchical advancement seem low, unless I get an MBA and move to the business or project management side of the company.

As stated in the Cons section, the only downside I've found after 2 years is that compared to my peers in my Mechanical Engineering graduating class who are working for other industries, the starting salary has been typical, but the annual salary increases have been minimal.

Gross incompetence in Senior Management lead to poor employee performance

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

I worked at Alstom Power

Pros

Benefits Package, Nice building layout and cafeteria, this is the place I would go if I was at the end of my career and didn't care about advancement.

Cons

Extremely disorganized and ill-trained senior management with no concept of leadership or promoting their best. They are most concerned with keeping those around them who will be yes men.

A great enhancement is needed within the human resources department in order to better evaluate current employee potential so that you don't layoff your best talent in exchange for those who have higher salaries that have simply been there longer giving no extra effort what so ever.

There are newer employer reviews for Alstom Power