There are newer employer reviews for Alta It Services

Subcontracting Firm supporting BAESystems

Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance
Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance

I have been working at Alta It Services

Pros

Recruiter was friendly and personable.

Cons

Was ill-informed of the work conditions @ the client site.

Know the client you are supporting. Prepare the employees you have hired for the work environment.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good

Former Employee - Architect in Alexandria, VA
    Former Employee - Architect in Alexandria, VA

I worked at Alta It Services full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They have very Nice people

Cons

I think they need More comunication

More comunication

2. Good recruitment, horrible followup

Current Contractor - Systems Administrator in Washington, DC
    Current Contractor - Systems Administrator in Washington, DC

I have been working at Alta It Services as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Recruitment process was timely and the recruiter was good at following up. Experience with benefits was not applicable here as I was on COBRA from a job I was laid off from (but see below). Pay was in line with my experience and what the industry norms were. Worked as a subcontractor on a fed contract. Executive office very responsive to feedback.

Cons

Follow-up once I was hired was probably amongst the worst of any company I've worked for. The PM that ostensibly was supposed to be assigned to me never talked to me in the 5+ months I was there. The job was supposed to have me hired by the prime within 3-4 months, but this never happened as the prime (probably) mismanaged the contract spend and had to lay off people, including me. In fact it was the manager of my section (he was an employee of the prime) that told me I was going to get laid off, and not ALTA. The PM did no follow-up, and did not even attempt to get recruiting to inform me about other open positions. Basically a totally horrible experience, which I informed the executive suite about. Also if I recall correctly, they had a 90-day probationary period before health insurance benefits were offered.

Executive Office was quick to respond to a very vocal complaint, which I appreciated. That said, the unprofessionalism displayed by recruiting and the ALTA PM I worked under were totally unacceptable, especially given the circumstances under which my position was ultimately affected by. Not sure if said persons were ever held accountable for lack of follow-through, especially since the job I was doing was well-compensated and they had placed some other people under this contract.

There are newer employer reviews for Alta It Services