Alta It Services

altaits.com

Contractor experience with Alta IT Services

Software Quality Assurance (Former Employee) Herndon, VA

ProsWonderful recruiter. Although she didn't convey the exact conditions I would be entering into, she was an attentive listener. HR questions were answered in a timely fashion.

ConsRecruiter didn't convey the environment I would be entering into. Contractors were treated as second-class citizens. For example, Contractors were not included in project team meetings. The employees were expected to convey instruction back to their contractor counterparts. Also, the "Prime" never sent out emails to the contractors- even "Facilities"-type emails. There was an infestation and an email went out to the employees only on how to prepare the cubicles for the extermination team. Also, there was an earthquake. Again, an email went out to the employees only giving direction on when to report back to work once the building was deemed safe. ALTA IT should have stepped in to correct this communication even if it meant the Prime sent ALTA the email and ALTA would forward the pertinent information to ALTA's employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you place a contractor, it is important to convey the attitude of the Prime toward contractors. If desk supplies are not provided, let the contractor know to bring their own desk supplies or provide it for them. Insist the Prime communicate.

Entry Level Help Desk

Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Alta It Services as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Recruiter is caring and helpful; good entry level position Cons: Position will most likely not go permanent; a promotion would… Advice to Senior Management: Should work to get employee a permanent position if they are close… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great

Refresh Tech (Current Employee) Washington, DC

I have been working at Alta It Services full-time for less than a year

Pros: Opportunity for growth and great people to work with. Cons: None, I don't have anything bad to say. Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the great work Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Alta It Services.

Worked for Alta It Services? Contribute to the Community!