Customer Service Rep

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Neenah, WI
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Neenah, WI

I worked at Alta Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some very nice people to work with. Lots of coaching.

Cons

Some managers played favorites. Hard to advance from CSR role.

Other Employee Reviews for Alta Resources

1. Customer Care Representative

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Neenah, WI
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Neenah, WI

I worked at Alta Resources part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible Schedules, some nice people, lots of training

Cons

Parking! I worked the night shifts, usually from 5:00 PM to 10 PM, and they made me walk a half mile from the building to my car. They don't have enough parking in the parking garage next to the building, so they make their employees park in parking lots that are over a half mile from the building. This honestly wouldn't be a problem for me during the day, besides when it starts to snow and gets really cold, but I would have to walk this 6-7 minute walk by myself at night. They have no security either for these people walking at night. I emailed a few people during my first week about my concerns. I asked them if they could make an exception because I was only working nights and I didn't feel comfortable walking that far down the street by myself at night. They made no attempt to fix this issue, or come up with any solutions. I pretty much got a , "too bad we can't do anything right now. The parking ramp is for people with more seniority." They told me to use the buddy system, and always have my keys out. Really? Because having my keys out a half mile away from my car will really help me out if I were to get into a dangerous situation. No body leaves at the same time so using the buddy system isn't an option.What really angers me is that most of the people who park in the parking garage next to the building work the day shift, so they leave before I'd even come in. This means the ramp has a lot of space at night. They still wouldn't budge or allow me to park there just at night time because "there's no room". I'm sorry but if you care about your employees, then you care about their saftey. The pay is very below average as well, especially for what they make you know/do.

Advice to Management

Be more accommodating to employees walking alone,down the street at night. There is no reason why people arriving to work after regular full time hours, can't park in the parking garage. This is a huge saftey issue that shouldn't be ignored.

2. Poor pay, poor treatment of those with handicaps

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Neenah, WI

I worked at Alta Resources full-time

Pros

If you are good at kissing butt, you will go far! They have some GREAT corporate values listed.

Cons

Computer systems crash repeatedly, Very poor IT. Management needs to lead by example. Corporate values were stated, but not followed. Poor place to work for those of us with handicaps. Poor pay. Benefits are the bare minimum.

Advice to Management

Lead by example. Strive for a more inclusive work place. Treat employees with respect. Address IT capacity problems immediately!!! Having to reboot several times a day to get the databases needed for the job to work is ridiculous!