Altametrics

www.altametrics.com

Amazing company with excellent growth and learning opportunities

Developer (Current Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsThis company is full force competitive and creative. They provide us a way to build applications that very well may change the world. Giving said that, only the brightest and strongest survive. They also provide breakfast and continue to grow their ecosystem to benefit the employees and keep enthusiam high.

We have a very bright group of developers and the team works incredibly hard to make the best applications possible. There is a very clear SDLC and bug tracking system that helps us keep track of things. Our bug tracker is pretty cool too, it's far better than most I've used; if not all commercial products since it allows us to manage bugs, features and suggestions in a way that form fits itself to the software development process. The team lead is a beast but pure genius. The team is faced with incredible challenges yet has continued to achieve what seems like the impossible, even with all that the company puts in front of us. You don't create products like these without someone who wants the very best from everyone in the group. It's not always an easy pill to swallow but a necessary evil if you want create the best.

There are many times where the expectations put on us makes work difficult but our team always pulls together and succeeds. I've learned a ton and have to say that people who have commented here negatively in the past are classic lackies, you know the "I'm so special no one gets me" types. I wouldn't be surprised if their complaints and issues at work follow them everywhere they go. This company cares about the end product and definitely does not stand for the lowest common denominators. This group has directly shaped the success of the products and company future. The director puts in more time and care for the end product than anyone I've ever worked with. So what if he expects miracles from us, such is life... at least if you want a rewarding one.

If you want to make something incredible, have creative input, learn a lot, change the world and not just make everyday websites I strongly recommend joining the group here.

Yes it's challenging but extremely rewarding.

ConsSometimes the drive to achieve overshadows the time available, this many times leads to a very high pressure environment with little to no recovery time between projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive our input a bit more value over the future of the company, we all care as much or more for the success of the company. Believe that our small voices can make a difference if you let us be the consensus. Make more strategic moves with management rather than force feeding the agenda.

A company in need of an overhaul

Solution Consultant (Former Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Altametrics full-time for more than a year

Pros: I was paid every two weeks. Cons: The company has no idea how to manage their staff. … Advice to Senior Management: All management staff, especially the Client Service Managers need to learn how to deal with staff. There are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Terrible management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Altametrics full-time

Pros: They have a solid business model, and the potential for… Cons: One of the worst management experiences I've ever had. Incredibly unprofessional behavior with regard to direction, feedback, and motivation. Lack of understanding of common software… Advice to Senior Management: Understand the concept of technical debt. Be upfront and honest with what you want out of your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Altametrics.

Worked for Altametrics? Contribute to the Community!