Amazing company with excellent growth and learning opportunities

Current Employee - Developer  in  Costa Mesa, CA
Current Employee - Developer in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Altametrics full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company is full force competitive and creative. They provide us a way to build applications that very well may change the world. Giving said that, only the brightest and strongest survive. They also provide breakfast and continue to grow their ecosystem to benefit the employees and keep enthusiam high.

We have a very bright group of developers and the team works incredibly hard to make the best applications possible. There is a very clear SDLC and bug tracking system that helps us keep track of things. Our bug tracker is pretty cool too, it's far better than most I've used; if not all commercial products since it allows us to manage bugs, features and suggestions in a way that form fits itself to the software development process. The team lead is a beast but pure genius. The team is faced with incredible challenges yet has continued to achieve what seems like the impossible, even with all that the company puts in front of us. You don't create products like these without someone who wants the very best from everyone in the group. It's not always an easy pill to swallow but a necessary evil if you want create the best.

There are many times where the expectations put on us makes work difficult but our team always pulls together and succeeds. I've learned a ton and have to say that people who have commented here negatively in the past are classic lackies, you know the "I'm so special no one gets me" types. I wouldn't be surprised if their complaints and issues at work follow them everywhere they go. This company cares about the end product and definitely does not stand for the lowest common denominators. This group has directly shaped the success of the products and company future. The director puts in more time and care for the end product than anyone I've ever worked with. So what if he expects miracles from us, such is life... at least if you want a rewarding one.

If you want to make something incredible, have creative input, learn a lot, change the world and not just make everyday websites I strongly recommend joining the group here.

Yes it's challenging but extremely rewarding.

Cons

Sometimes the drive to achieve overshadows the time available, this many times leads to a very high pressure environment with little to no recovery time between projects.

Give our input a bit more value over the future of the company, we all care as much or more for the success of the company. Believe that our small voices can make a difference if you let us be the consensus. Make more strategic moves with management rather than force feeding the agenda.

Other Reviews for Altametrics

A company in need of an overhaul

Former Employee - Solution Consultant  in  Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Employee - Solution Consultant in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Altametrics full-time for more than a year

Pros

I was paid every two weeks.

Cons

The company has no idea how to manage their staff. They do not let you take vacation unless you are their favorite.

All management staff, especially the Client Service Managers need to learn how to deal with staff. There are people there making huge decision with no education or certifications, but staff has degrees but do not receive any respect.

Terrible management

I worked at Altametrics full-time

Pros

They have a solid business model, and the potential for growth at this company is very good.

Cons

One of the worst management experiences I've ever had. Incredibly unprofessional behavior with regard to direction, feedback, and motivation. Lack of understanding of common software development process. No technical requirements. No documentation. No credible backup or SVN. Constant, daily, lengthy meetings are a huge drain on time and resources. Unnecessary, 24-7 crunch time for some. Security comes second to adding new features.

Understand the concept of technical debt. Be upfront and honest with what you want out of your staff. Spend more time planning and less time shooting from the hip. Stop micromanaging every single detail.

There are newer employer reviews for Altametrics.

Worked for Altametrics? Contribute to the Community!