Altarum

www.altarum.org
There are newer employer reviews for Altarum

Amazing place to work

I worked at Altarum

Pros

--Amazing colleagues and supportive environment

Cons

--Better communication among different sites

24 Other Employee Reviews for Altarum (View Most Recent)

It depends on who you work with.

I have been working at Altarum

Pros

The flexibility of work/home balance is amazing, and my coworkers and immediate supervisors are all nice.

Cons

Communication seems out of touch with employees in satellite offices and most concerned about saving money. That approach damages office culture and employee morale. Professional growth is limited in my position. Health benefits are provided by Aetna; there is no PPO option available.

Communication from company leadership needs improvement. Consistency in management style among local supervisors should be implemented/fostered. Some managers are completely hands off; others don't delegate as they should.

Not a real non-profit, overly focused on bottom line

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Altarum full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I've worked at Altarum for some time, and have a positive working relationship with management and staff. The flexible work hours make it possible for me to balance family demands while maintaining my own career.

Cons

The company brands itself as a non-profit while squeezing employees out of their benefits and pay. They do this to win contracts and beef up the bottom line. Pay and career options for staff are limited, while management is showered with raises, bonuses and perks. There is limited accountability for management while lower level staff are dismissed for the slightest infractions. Recently, the management sent an email to all staff to let them know offices in VA, Maryland and DC would be moving. They did this to save $15 million with no regard to staff and no notice until the lease was signed. Employees now must commute further, spend more time in traffic, incur more stress, less disposable income and greater inconvenience. The company has also been slowly reducing benefits each year, not adding benefits. More money for executives? It sounds like a corporation, not a non-profit company to me.

Why don't you hold higher level executives to the same standard as lower level employees?

There are newer employer reviews for Altarum