Altegra Health

www.altegrahealth.com
  www.altegrahealth.com
There are newer employer reviews for Altegra Health

The work itself is crazy

Former Employee - Remote Coder
Former Employee - Remote Coder

I worked at Altegra Health full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people I worked with were of awesome attitude. Everyone I talked to or engaged was knowledgeable and really tried to support you.

Cons

The auditing workload is crazy and demanding of 95%. This means you can't miss more than a few codes per 30 charts a day. Some charts are just crazy and makes no sense as to why you are reviewing them. But this is not necessarily Altegra's problem. It's what they do with the data after auditing that counts.. I lost interest in workload resulting in my deficiency. Altegra let me go then called me back. I didn't respond because now I know being and there moving on. Not for me. But the people were so professional and nice. The manager saw potential in me and I blew it because I didn't like remote work. Working from home for me sucked.

I'm glad to hear you merged with Coding Source. PLEASE change your logos, etc. because The Coding Source people themselves are problematic and I really feel for those at Altegra that have to work with them.

31 Other Employee Reviews for Altegra Health (View Most Recent)

Great Company

Current Employee - Medical Records Technologist in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Medical Records Technologist in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Altegra Health as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Great pay, they also pay milage

Cons

Not consistant work, sometimes communication is poor

Watch out for this Train Wreck!

Former Employee - Developer II in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Developer II in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Altegra Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing special about their PTO or holidays. They obviously aren't catering to a good work/life balance for their employees. Don't expect any kind of bonus because they acquire new companies with any profit they make from 7+ other disasters they acquired.

Cons

Management is clueless. Acquired companies run on an island with no support from their parent company. These companies are left to wither away with draconian demands from Altegra. Employees from acquired companies are treated as outsiders and are not part of the "Good 'Ol Boy" club of the Executive management.

Stop creating VP and SVP roles for departments that have no purpose. Stop acquiring companies because you can't write software to serve your clients. Consolidate and embrace the companies you have acquired.

There are newer employer reviews for Altegra Health