Altegra Health
www.altegrahealth.com Los Angeles, CA 500 to 999 Employees

The work itself is crazy

Remote Coder (Former Employee)

I worked at Altegra Health full-time for less than a year

ProsThe people I worked with were of awesome attitude. Everyone I talked to or engaged was knowledgeable and really tried to support you.

ConsThe auditing workload is crazy and demanding of 95%. This means you can't miss more than a few codes per 30 charts a day. Some charts are just crazy and makes no sense as to why you are reviewing them. But this is not necessarily Altegra's problem. It's what they do with the data after auditing that counts.. I lost interest in workload resulting in my deficiency. Altegra let me go then called me back. I didn't respond because now I know being and there moving on. Not for me. But the people were so professional and nice. The manager saw potential in me and I blew it because I didn't like remote work. Working from home for me sucked.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm glad to hear you merged with Coding Source. PLEASE change your logos, etc. because The Coding Source people themselves are problematic and I really feel for those at Altegra that have to work with them.

Good career growth experience acquired while working here.

Network Manager (Former Employee)
Miami Lakes, FL

I worked at Altegra Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Company was growing quickly. A lot of different technologies to learn.… Cons: Staffing needs did not keep up with company growth. … Advice to Senior Management: Put the correct staff support structure in place so that your… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Unstable work for remote coders

Remote Coder (Former Employee)

I worked at Altegra Health full-time for more than a year

Pros: The pay is good (18.00 hourly). You can make up… Cons: Work is extremely unpredictable. One week you can have 40 hours the next you only have 3 hours. VERY unprofessional H.R. department and team leader.… Advice to Senior Management: H.R. Department do your job and pick up the phone when you let someone go!! I find it extremly unprofessional that you lay someone off… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Altegra Health.

Worked for Altegra Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Altegra Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Altegra Health CEO Kevin C. Barrett. All reviews posted anonymously by Altegra Health employees.