Altera
www.altera.com San Jose, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great Place to Work

Contract (Former Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Altera as a contractor for more than a year

Pros- It is a very well organized and well disciplined company
- Almost all departments have extremely well defined processess in place, making it easy for newcomers to fit in the organization.
- This company has a great Work-Life balance, people are nice and very knowledgeable

Cons- No major issues with the company itself, but if I had to offer a con it would be the smaller things in the environment which do not impact the job performance, for example the Coffee break area could be better, no free snacks or free drinks etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey do a really good job of taking advice from all folks, but if I had to advice, the advice would be that there are many folks who have been there for a long time and changing the ways a bit or incorporating new processess or trying new things is good. This was taking a turn for the better back in 2008.

Once a great company, now a sweatshop

Senior Director (Former Employee)
San Jose, CA

I worked at Altera full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great technology, really smart people. Leading position in a significant… Cons: These days, sweatshop. Altera, with its massive profits and leading position in a great market ought to be one of the best companies on the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

The best company to work for in the Silicon valley

Member of Technical Staff (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA

I have been working at Altera full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Young workforce, innovation, technical leadership, values employees, promotes growth of… Cons: Benefits and compensation not in highest bracket for the industry. Advice to Senior Management: Need to encourage employees to work from home - responsibly. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Altera.

Worked for Altera? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Altera reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Altera CEO John P. Daane. All reviews posted anonymously by Altera employees.