Altera

www.altera.com

Altera's a great place to work. Too bad US-based job opportunities are disappearing.

Embedded Applications Engineer (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsThe group I work in is excellent. Good manager, good people, good work/life balance. The variety and scope of technical work is unlike any I've had in my career. From software to hardware, this is easily the most interesting job I've ever held. I hope to stay for a few more years (at least).

ConsOutside of my group, things seem to be a bit more like a "typical" Silicon Valley company. The company is way too focused on silicon, and it just may prove to be their undoing. More work needs to be done to address system level IP and testing for this company to _really_ take off!

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's way too much focus on outsourcing and (seemingly) very few metrics to measure its success (or lack thereof). Very little recognition of good ideas that don't come from the management cadre...

Altera is pretty cool.

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

I have been working at Altera

Pros: This is a stable corporation (#2 in its industry). Job cuts exist, but most employees are safe and they are still hiring. There… Cons: Finance/AP operations were just moved (almost entirely) to Malaysia. Besides morale, this has created some major obsticles for many employees. New cost-cutting measures… Advice to Senior Management: Before making drastic operations cuts, consult those employees who would… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Honest and open environment - no finger pointing.

Embedded Applications Engineer (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

I have been working at Altera

Pros: A very good work environment as far as flexible hours… Cons: I do not have a con to mention other than… Advice to Senior Management: Reconsider off-shoring, especially where it is not working. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Altera.

Worked for Altera? Contribute to the Community!