Alternatives Unlimited (Massachusetts)
www.alternativesnet.org Whitinsville, MA 150 to 499 Employees

A Great Place To Work

Program Counselor (Current Employee)

ProsAlternatives has an excellent training program. Management is very easy-going and accessible. We provide an invaluable service to the people we support. Great benefits package. Plenty of opportunity to grow within the company. The headquarters, located at the recently renovated, historic Whitin Mill is beautiful. An all around great place to work!

ConsHigh turnover rate - typical of any Human Services organization. Pay is very low for the large amount of work that we do.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo some additional fundraising or cut the pay of higher positions, i.e. CEO, Clinicians, Nurses, to pay the front line people (Counselors, Supervisors, Coordinators) a higher salary. Minimum salary for the amount of work I do as a Support Counselor should be at least $18/hour.

A great place to start in human services

Counselor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Alternatives Unlimited (Massachusetts)

Pros: Alternatives just tripled in size so there are plenty of internal promotion opportunities. Training is Alternatives strength and… Cons: High turnover rate, High stress job. The hours are not… Advice to Senior Management: Improve communication between regional components and increase standards for paper work and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great managers, more efficient time managment needed with lower level employees

Case Worker (Former Employee)
    Worcester, MA

I worked at Alternatives Unlimited (Massachusetts) full-time for less than a year

Pros: They always had updated training, and most employees truly cared… Cons: It was often difficult to work on client goals when… Advice to Senior Management: More efficient transportation services Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Alternatives Unlimited (Massachusetts).

Worked for Alternatives Unlimited (Massachusetts)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alternatives Unlimited (Massachusetts) reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Alternatives Unlimited (Massachusetts) CEO Dennis H. Rice. All reviews posted anonymously by Alternatives Unlimited (Massachusetts) employees.