Altia Central

www.altiacentral.com
  www.altiacentral.com
There are newer employer reviews for Altia Central

Great way to get your foot in the door in Japan

Former Employee - Assistant Language Teacher in Nagoya, Aichi (Japan)
Former Employee - Assistant Language Teacher in Nagoya, Aichi (Japan)

I worked at Altia Central

Pros

Supervisors really do care
Training is adequate to thorough
Ability to choose where you are placed
Great way to improve Japanese, teach kids English, while learning Japanese culture first-hand
Transportation and living arrangements taken care of for workers

Cons

Don't expect this to be a lifetime gig -- salary fluctuates very little
Practically impossible to get time off (though you get over a month of summer vacation)

Keep trying to differentiate Altia Central from the other dispatch companies

12 Other Employee Reviews for Altia Central (View Most Recent)

Great company

Former Employee - Assistant Language Teacher
    Former Employee - Assistant Language Teacher

I worked at Altia Central full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Incredibly supportive - doctor's appointments can be arranged easily (which for Japan is not always easy). My supervisor called to check on my regularly, and when I was having a difficult time was genuinely interested in helping me get back on my feet. Professional development is taken seriously and the company tried its best to keep me comfortable. Pay and reimbursements are on time - each position is different, but I had 12 full months of pay, no deductions at all for summer, winter, or spring holidays, plus a small annual bonus. Great proprietary materials, and a management who care about teaching English, not about simply scoring big contracts. 10 weeks fully paid holiday a year and an honest, supportive company - I could not have asked for more. Oh, and they leased me a car to get to work for cheap!

Cons

Nothing that isn't typical of the industry (e.g. at any ALT company salary will not go up, promotions are few and far between, time off during the school year is nearly impossible).

Altia has great supervisors and staff. Keep giving them the support they need to support the ALTs and I am positive your contracts and areas will keep expanding.

Good Company

Former Employee - ALT
    Former Employee - ALT

I worked at Altia Central full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They were very organized in terms of finding housing, meeting me at Tokyo airport, and getting a hotel for several days before moving to my town. Very good support overall throughout my time in Japan.

Cons

Not too much I can think of.

There are newer employer reviews for Altia Central