Alticor pays very well

Former Employee - Call Center Support Tech in Ada, MI
Former Employee - Call Center Support Tech in Ada, MI

I worked at Alticor full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent pay, bonuses along with excellent benefits, vision discounts, dental plan, 401 contributions, must have a good review to receive your bonus.

Cons

Big corporation that has its click. Makes a difference between hourly and salaried employees. Best to not make waves and to just do your job.

reviews filtered by
  1. Profitable in spite of the decisions made.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ada, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ada, MI

I have been working at Alticor full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very family focus; Pay is good for the market; benefits are good relative to other companies; some leadership is good; opportunities for globla business experience and travel

Cons

Very resistant to change; not many opportunities for advancement; behind in supporting technology; slow to react to new information; too many "strategic" initiatives; very set in doing things how they've always been done

Advice to Management

The company needs to decide who it wants to be: are we a Consumer Goods company that sells an ever-expanding portfolio or products (only which some are profitable!)? Or are we a Direct Selling company with a compelling business opportunity. You need to communicate to the employees what is the focus of everything we do.

Business decisions should be made that are good for the entire organization. The continual proliferation of products being offered (with the retirement of none) only adds to the complexity. Re-evaluate the product portfolio as it relates to the business. Focus on the things we do very well. Get out of the places we don't.

2. Decent company to work for.

Former Employee - Intern in Buena Park, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Buena Park, CA

I worked at Alticor

Pros

Helpful people (both at the management and non-management ranks), great working schedule (around 10 hours per day, with Fridays off for most employees), good pay (probably above average for a company in the consumer products industry), decent cafeteria, employee morale seems above average.

Cons

The stigma of being associated with the Amway brand, workspaces aren't the most modern at the Buena Park location (although I will concede that the technology is fairly up to date... and it also depends on which department you work in), upward mobility seems limited to only a few people, miscommunication seems to be common (although unsure of whether the fault is on the company's side), seeming hierarchy between departments (which, in turn, make it difficult to reach crucial decisions that are agreed upon).

Advice to Management

I think Senior Management often talks about change but are unwilling to risk anything for that change. Management seems to be very idealistic, but the conservative culture doesn't allow the company to tap into the more creative solutions that could actually help the company reach it's goals/initiatives.