Altisource

www.altisource.com

Start-up feel, with big money support, but misguided management

ProsPay is above industry average (for my field anyway). Lots of opportunities to learn about finance and mortgage industries.

ConsBenefits are sub-par. 401k involves virtually no employer match, and is not available to employees in the first year; health insurance is not available until the first day of the month following 90 days of employment (so don't start work at the beginning of the month or you have to wait an additional month).
HR withholds information on organizational programs (I had to fight to get any information about the 401k, and all I ever received was the corporate agreement with John Hancock--not any official company policy.
Technology is outdated and withheld from employees- getting a computer less than 5 years old takes an act of Congress, and even then involves months of waiting and paperwork.
Selection is conducted based on questionable practices (inconsistently scored tests and unvalidated personality tests). Managers are actively discouraged from hiring employees scoring less than the top 5% of tests, regardless of the job.
Performance appraisals are required of all employees, but no guidance is provided about the performance dimensions employees are scored on, and managers are discouraged from giving anyone high ratings.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople are not replaceable resources-- you have to work to retain employees just as you do with customers. The money wasted on constant hiring and recruitment could be much more effectively spent on benefits and internal improvements to the organization.
If the company is going to market itself as an innovator, it must start from the inside. Why should anyone purchase technology products and services from a company that won't use those services itself or provide that technology to its employees?
Third, if you want to provide a variety of services, you need a variety of employees. Seeking out a single personality type will just cause conflicts, and result in a lot of people doing jobs they aren't suited for. Hire people based on the job, not based on some misinformed notion of what makes a generically-good employee.

A Company which provides lot of challenges to learn and deliver

Business Operations Manager (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Altisource full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good pay package. Exposure to senior management Challenging work environment Cons: Policies are not very people centric Stressful work Advice to Senior Management: A baby needs 9 months to be born, even if we put 9 mothers it wont come… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

So far so good

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Altisource full-time for more than a year

Pros: 1) Transport facility. 2) Good level of access to systems. 3) Work… Cons: 1) Slow career grwoth. 2) Not a lot of employee engaging… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Altisource.

Worked for Altisource? Contribute to the Community!