There are newer employer reviews for Altisource

Most petty company I've ever worked for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Altisource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fair salaries for the right skills Free coffee? (I'm reaching)

Cons

When people asked me why I resigned my position, I can’t really say it was one specific thing. Here are some of them: • 10 hour work days are the norms, so they say. Why? No reason, just because. It was very job and manager specific though. Some people are paid by the hour, plus OT over 40 hours, plus do some of it from home, so they didn’t mind at all. I wasn’t a manager and there was no rush for my work so there was absolutely no reason for me to be working 10 hours a day, but I was made to just because my manager had to do it. He didn't seem to understand that he was a manager and I wasn't. • A lot of the employees work in India and the Philippines which led to an endless amount of frustration when trying to do your job. It isn’t about saving money on salaries though. I made a point to ask why they had this very inefficient way of doing business. My manager told me they do this to avoid US corporate taxes. The company is registered in Luxembourg even though all of their business is in the USA. To be a foreign registered company, a certain percentage of your employees must be based outside the USA, so that was the reason why Indians were reviewing properties even though they had never been to the US nor knew anything about the real estate market. It was the strangest business model I have ever seen. • They have a finger print reader that you have to sign in on every day. They claim it is to keep track of people’s time off, but that is a lie. If that were the case, you would just have to sign in using your employee ID, but they want to make sure you are there and signing in yourself, so they make you record your fingerprint. That would become a central theme in this company and other reviewers have pointed this out. If you take nothing else from these reviews on Altisource, remember this: Management doesn’t trust the employees. I’ve never seen anything like it. • Two weeks before Christmas, they laid a bunch of people off in the St. Louis office and cut off their benefits immediately. • In the Atlanta main office, they are pressed for space, so more than likely, you will be herded into a large cafeteria/call center type area with absolutely no privacy or ability to concentrate. • Every day you will see a new person walking through the hallways to interview. Every single day. It’s not because they are expanding so much as the high turnover. • Don’t count on remote access to work some of those long hours away at home. It requires an act of Congress to get it and even then, they won’t give you access to your email or the servers. • Those that did get to work from home weren’t allowed to work on any screen greater than 15 inches. No dual monitors either. ???? • They also don’t like you to wear ear phones when you work and they will enforce that from time to time. • You aren’t allowed to drink coffee without a lid on it at your desk . ???? I joked with my friends that I was going to bring my 4 year old niece's sippy cup in and drink out of that. There is so much I could say, but I would like to remain somewhat anonymous. You should know that I ever never written a review about a company before, and I have worked for dozens. That should tell you something about this place. I used to joke with my friends that I was working for Potter. If Potter from “It’s a Wonderful Life” had lived and formed a company in mortgage services, it would have been Ocwen/Altisource. I am so glad to be free of that place. So my advice… if you get a job offer and you don’t have anything else on the table and have bills to pay, take it. You might end up in a better job with a better manager. If you are looking through the reviews, I would sort them by locations in the USA and ones in India. Some of those people in India are just happy to have any job. In any event, you have to do what you have to do. However, if you have any skills whatsoever and you have another competing job offer, even if it pays less, even if the commute is a little longer, even if anything really, take the other job offer or stay at your current position. The grass is not always greener.

Advice to Management

Stop working people to death so they don't jump ship the first offer they get. Don't focus on the trivial things. Trust your employees.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. very easy to do

I have been working at Altisource

Pros

the ease of appling for a position

Cons

I do not think there are any

Advice to Management

none

Good place to work

I have been working at Altisource

Pros

Hard workers that want to do well and share a sense of accomplishment. Benefits are average and people are nice too.

Cons

Internal processes are still in the maturing phase, which can be frustrating. No real cons that I can think of.