Altium Limited

www.altium.com
  www.altium.com
There are newer employer reviews for Altium Limited

Fun work environment. Free lunch! But very lousy commission structure...

Former Employee - Account Manager in Carlsbad, CA
Former Employee - Account Manager in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Altium Limited

Pros

I worked with some pretty cool people who were very encouraging when it came to closing deals. They were very helpful in learning the product and good ways of selling it. When lunch time came around, you could hear a bell ring and everyone would sort of bum-rush the kitchen for free lunch; usually pretty good food though often somewhat unhealthy. The office was located far enough away from places to eat to where this was a bit obligatory.

Cons

Commission. This is a sales job and you're not here to make $15-16/hr and be content staring at purchase orders for 10s of thousands of dollars expecting a commission of... 0.5% Free lunch is great and all but not to the tune of sacrificing tons of commission potential. To be fair, I worked here back in 2010 so hopefully things have changes a bit in this area.

Provide better financial incentives for your sales people to work hard and bring in more revenue.

9 Other Employee Reviews for Altium Limited (View Most Recent)

Unhappy employees and a complete LACK of management talent

Current Employee - Sales in Carlsbad, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Altium Limited

Pros

the free food and my coworkers

Cons

I agree with everything the other poster has said. The USA location of Altium has a complete lack of management talent. A salesperson is not given any of the tools they need to achieve. Most employees are very unhappy and the USA location has to bring in consultants just to figure out how to "improve their culture". Simply put, this place is a mess, you don't want to work here in a sales capacity. Look elsewhere.

- Lead by example (don't be complete hypocrites)
    - Have some respect for your employees. Treat them as people whom have families with responsibilities outside the workplace
    - Learn how to actually budget your accounts in order to make your goals for your sales reps attainable
    - Give concrete specific assistance on how to improve in the job rather than vague political terms

it's ok

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Altium Limited

Pros

it is a nice place

Cons

bad salary to new man

more aggressive