Altria

www.altria.com

I did gain some valuable business experience, but overall I feel that I was mislead going into the job.

Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) Knoxville, TN

ProsThe salary and benefits package is practically unbeatable for an entry level employee right out of college. There are three training courses within the first 4 months on the job that do help employee growth and development to a certain extent.

ConsThe company asserts that it operates under several main values in business, some of which include "integrity, trust, respect," "investing in leadership," and "executing with quality." Unfortunately, in my experience, these values were not consistently demonstrated at the degree to which I expected.

Advice to Senior ManagementTobacco companies across the board have historically been much maligned for not being transparent in the health risks associated with their products. That is not the case in today's society, but my advice for upper level management would be to strive to operate and communicate with employees at all levels in the organization with more internal transparency and honesty.

A roller-coaster ride, but well worth it.

Brand Management Intern (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

I worked at Altria

Pros: I would be surprised if there were a better brand management internship in the nation. - Assigned highly challenging projects that impact the business - First week… Cons: - The projects you are assigned define your experience for the summer, luck of the draw - Rarely given "day-to-day" tasks that give you a feel… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Awesome - except for the product and industry issues

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

I have been working at Altria

Pros: Pay & Benefits are exceptional Career Development opportunities are plentiful Office/ammenities are really nice employees/co-workers and managers are very… Cons: Tobacco Industry is tough to work in (competitive and unfairly taxed and portrayed in the public) Compliance - Controls are over-the top lots of process… Advice to Senior Management: Don't make decisions that people below you could and should be making. Don't… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Altria.

Worked for Altria? Contribute to the Community!