Altria

www.altria.com
There are newer employer reviews for Altria

Words cannot accurately describe....

Current Employee - IT Employee
Current Employee - IT Employee

I have been working at Altria

Pros

The people are very nice and the compensation is good. Projects challenging but often have unrealistic timelines making it difficult to be successful.

Cons

No technical skills for anyone in IT, IT senior leadership has no idea about technology. The one leader we had that had a clue left. Everything is outsourced with budgets continually being cut and headcount reductions every couple of years. We check boxes and create "infrastructure" which is a code word for creating bureaucracy.

Get with reality. You can't expect to keep good people by outsourcing everything in IT. Use some of your internal talent to get the job done. Stay out of the day to day decisions and let the people you pay good money to make some decisions. It's time to retire and let someone run the organization that actually understands how an IT organization should be run.

325 Other Employee Reviews for Altria (View Most Recent)

It has been good...

I have been working at Altria

Pros

The compensation is highest among its peers. Everyone is on a first name basis and everyone is friendly. You are treated with respect.

Cons

The promotion process does not make the most sense. They are starting to cut benefits and have down sized recently.

All of the decisions are made from the very top level. There is little input from below senior management positions.

Great pay and perks

I have been working at Altria

Pros

Pay is great. 3 weeks of vacation immediately, 401k matching and profit sharing. Use of company car

Cons

Upper management changes their minds weekly, and we do not focus on our long term goals, but instead look to keep up with the competitors.

Take a look around and look at the morale or the company. It is getting lower and lower with each day.

There are newer employer reviews for Altria