Altria

There are newer employer reviews for Altria

Philip Morris

Former Employee - MT3 in Richmond, VA
Former Employee - MT3 in Richmond, VA

I worked at Altria full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Leading the industry for this field

Cons

cutting costs...higher premiums for insurance

324 Other Employee Reviews for Altria (View Most Recent)

Long road ahead

Current Employee - Manager in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Altria full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Pay and benefits
    Richmond, VA lifestyle is great for families

Cons

Little to no advancement potential, regardless of performance, unless you are one of the chosen ones - usually young, extroverted white males who think they can do anything even when they can't. Women, minorities and older workers are greatly overlooked and taken for granted.

Please walk your talk. Your words focus on diversity, inclusion and innovation but you are not taking action to advance women and minorities or those who think differently. Senior management is very much in conflict avoidance mode both on external issues and internal, organizational ones too. Under these conditions, it will be a long road before we become what we say we want to be. I hope time doesn't run out on us because we are so slow to change and so unwilling to confront those in the organization who are poor managers or play favorites (including a number of executives) about the poor morale they are creating.

Great company to work for with phenomenal perks and benefits...

Current Employee - Unit Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Unit Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Altria full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The culture created by the people at the company cannot be matched anywhere else. It is a great environment of collaboration and support. For the most part anyone in sales is very friendly and always willing to help.

Cons

If you are flexible the sky is the limit in regards to future advancement, but it comes at a major cost. You are asked to move frequently often with little say as to where you will end up. Making money is great, but the cost is not having any friends or family around to enjoy it with.

We all understand this is an era of great movement to include diversity and inclusion, but quit moving females and diverse candidates up in the organization who are not fully prepared just to meet a quota or a build a diverse atmostphere on paper. It can be very deterring when you meet a 30 year old female director and know that you may be 10 years from that role due to being white male.

There are newer employer reviews for Altria