Alvarez & Marsal
www.alvarezandmarsal.com New York, NY 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good firm to work for in an economic downturn

Associate (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Alvarez & Marsal

ProsOn the job experience. It almost seems that you get paid to receive a business school education – except you receive it on the job. Every client engagement poses new problems and the consultants need to come up with a specific solution. However, compared to the typical strategy consulting, this is “for real” and your suggestions ARE implemented real time.

ConsThe travel and the unpredictability of the schedule. It’s very tough to plan time off as you never really know where you might get sent next. The systems aren’t the best.
Though luckily for on the road consultants, the only A&M system you really need to rely on is e-mail.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to keep people who are on the beach busy with research etc …and other projects till billable work comes around.

Excelent learning on the job with good compensation

Associate (Current Employee)
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I have been working at Alvarez & Marsal full-time for more than a year

Pros: Learning on the job, compensation, culture & values, etc. Cons: Travels and sometimes bad work-life balance Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Brilliant

Intern (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at Alvarez & Marsal as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Working with a great client base The whole team is extremely… Cons: They don't have a training regime so tend to recruit MBA finishers It's very… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Alvarez & Marsal.

Worked for Alvarez & Marsal? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alvarez & Marsal reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Alvarez & Marsal CEO Tony Alvarez II & Bryan P. Marsal . All reviews posted anonymously by Alvarez & Marsal employees.