There are newer employer reviews for Alzheimer's Association

Passionate team-players with some organizational issues

I worked at Alzheimer's Association

Pros

Amazing passion and attitudes in the office Branch office staff communicates very well Very generous with working around your schedule in terms of office hours schedules (never any problems if there are doctor's appointments, family conflicts) Volunteer staff are also passionate, helpful, reliable

Cons

Definite organizational issues--items would arrive in my inbox on my days off with the stipulation that I had to turn them around in a couple of hours (very difficult because sometimes I was at my other job or would not have e-mail access). There are a lot of opportunities for streamlining and budget-trimming, especially regarding the way the central offices communicate with their branch offices. Central office folks can be a bit entrenched in their "systems" and approaches. Try making helpful suggestions: your local branch will listen; the central branch may or may not blow you off. Also, if you are part-time under a certain number of hours per week, they won't offer you any benefits, which is unfortunate, because people working that "part-time" are usually the ones more in-need of such benefits. (Though I also understand the fiscal reasons for not offering benefits to these people, there are two sides to everything).

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you're doing in terms of creating a welcoming, open, and supportive atmosphere for employees, volunteers, caregivers, and PWDs. I really was proud to work for an organization that offers the level of service and expertise (usually for free) to some of the most overlooked populations in the US and the world. Working here, I really do feel hope for the future of families affected by Alzheimer's. I am always inspired by your mission and passion. The only major suggestion I would have is for the central offices to be more open to the "localization" and suggestions from the branch offices. Creating more room for young professionals will help keep the organization fresh.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. No opportunity for growth

Current Employee - Intern
    Current Employee - Intern

I have been working at Alzheimer's Association

Pros

Friendly office environment. Interns have flexible hours

Cons

They lack a formal internship program by not providing mentoring, feedback, competitive pay, challenging work, goals, objectives, or letters of recommendations.

Advice to Management

Improve the internship program. Allow students to gain experience and use knowledge from their field of study. The tasks should be relevant to the field of study. Provide interns with feedback and reviews, and recognize their work. Treat interns as employees.

Great Cause but poorly managed.

Former Employee - Community Relations and Development Manager
    Former Employee - Community Relations and Development Manager

I worked at Alzheimer's Association

Pros

The Alzheimer's Association provides invaluable education and advocacy to individuals, families and communities facing the devastation of Alzheimer's disease and other dementias.

Cons

Disappointing leadship within some of the local chapters.

Advice to Management

Increased oversight of the local chapters executive team and their Board of Directors.