Amazon Lab126
www.lab126.com Sunnyvale, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

An upcoming force to be reckened with

Manufacturing Test Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Amazon Lab126 full-time for more than a year

ProsGood Job stability, fast paced work environment, interesting technologies to work on. Parent company Amazon is customer centric, everyone loves Amazon. Company frugality core values weighes in at a plus if you believe in it. An excellent spring board for young engineers, who might want to hang their hat here awhile. My manager was good and took the risk of letting me do a project that save the company lots of $$$$. Your milage will vary.

ConsBar raising system for hiring senior professionals is broken, allowing undesirables to be hired while denying people with excellent skill sets. Many black-hole projects in the emerging technologies do not have accountability visibility and do not hold true to the company's core values of frugality. Different departments are managed differently so reviews are a mixed bag. Work/Life balance is difficult, as gestation times are relatively short. Overseas travel is required by many and the company policy denies employees to fly business class. When making monthly trips to China, this will wear you out quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the bar raising system and hire the very best. Enforce frugality and accountability to all black hole projects. Offer business class travel for frequent overseas travel.

Fantastic

Software Development Engineer II (Current Employee)

I have been working at Amazon Lab126 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great work atmosphere, challenging projects. Cons: None that I can think of. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Unusual culture and strange management

Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Amazon Lab126 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great co-workers and innovative products. Cons: Unusual culture and strange management. Advice to Senior Management: Get along with each other. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Amazon Lab126.

Worked for Amazon Lab126? Contribute to the Community!

Amazon Lab126 – Why Work for Us?

​​​​​Amazon Lab126​​​ is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com. Since then… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon Lab126 reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Amazon Lab126 CEO Gregg Zehr. All reviews posted anonymously by Amazon Lab126 employees.