Amazon Lab126

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon Lab126

Worst place I've worked over the past 2 decades

Former Employee - Hardware Development Engineer in Cupertino, CA
Former Employee - Hardware Development Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I worked at Amazon Lab126 full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Honestly, I can not think of one single pro about working here; any pro comes with a con. For example, any bonus is tied to a 1 year commitment of employment, any 401K match is tied to a 3 year commitment of employment, RSU vesting structure is such that only 20% of your shares vest after 2 years of employment and after 2 years you will likely be miserable working here. It could be an okay place to work for an internship or new grad, but you will be doing yourself a huge disservice working at Lab126 if you want to advance your career or grow intellectually.

Cons

I could write a book. My advice is to not ignore the negative reviews on Glassdoor because they are all valid. Lab126 is a politically charged, lack of vision, lack of leadership, follow the competition and copy the reference design house. The amount of money wasted churning on "me too" products and flying out large teams of people every time somebody overseas farts is ridiculous. Ideas touted as innovate inside the company are typically absurd and are only value as a marketing gimmick. Any truly revolutionary ideas will be slapped down because they have no confidence on executing new concepts or creating new market segments. But the best part of it all is that if you bring these great ideas of yours to the table you will be chastised for not cowering in the corner like the rest of the good little mice. There are some good people here and some truly worthless people here, but who stays and who goes is based off pure brown nosing and strategic politic alignment. There are some high profile people working here I would not hire to mow my lawn. The benefits are poor for a company this size, but then again, there is no benefit in working here. I would give zero stars if I could. If I have saved one person from accepting a job at Lab126 then typing this was time well spent.

There will always be buses to throw people under.

119 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon Lab126 (View Most Recent)

What a mess

Current Employee - Operations Program Manager in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Program Manager in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Amazon Lab126 full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good base pay, good hiring bonus

Cons

Lousy health benefits, big company trying to operate in start up mode with no sense of direction.

Get your house in order. You shouldn't have to send 30 people to China for every product build.

Backloaded stock units, try to lock you into 4 years of misery

Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance Engineer in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Software Quality Assurance Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at Amazon Lab126 full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are lots of good places to eat in Cupertino but now they are moving to a wasteland near Moffet and Highway 101. Good play for n00b college kids that don't know any better.

Cons

Most people quit within one year of employment.. The RSUs are back-loaded to 80% of the vesting in years 3 and 4. Nobody can actually last that long in this turd company so they just find a better job and quit. Agree with other comments here about politics, toxic culture and poor benefits. I will take the next job out of here as will many others.

I'd give you some advice but you would not listen to any of it.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon Lab126