Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

Lot's of travel made for lots of fun!

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst  in  Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Seattle, WA

Pros

You have the opportunity to work with some really smart people. Everyone in finance was really freindly and created a great work environment.

Cons

Budget cuts every couple of years would interfere with department operations (including travel). It seems like one year they would spend like crazy only to tighten the belt too much the next.

Take your employee benifits seriously. Even the littlest of things (like free soda) can make a huge difference in employee moral!

Other reviews for Amazon.com

Decent, nothing special

Current Employee - Associate, Ambassador  in  Lexington, KY
    Current Employee - Associate, Ambassador in Lexington, KY

Pros

I wrote a review exactly one year ago, so I felt it was time to write another one. The pros are pretty much the same; good salary considering you don't need a college education, and it is easy to get hired here, so if you want to work and you work hard, then you will be hired. The insurance is really good and you have a 401K. Amazon really is customer centric,to a fault. My FC got AC for the summer!

Cons

Working hard is a Pro and a Con. The bad side is the harder you work, the more they expect. They take everything you have and you do not get a whole lot back. Sometimes your reward for working hard is mandatory overtime. Over the last year, our perks have changed for the worse. We used to get $10 and $20 Amazon gift cards, and last peak that turned into $5 gas cards. When I found this out it was pretty discouraging. As much as this company makes you would think that the perks would be getting better, not worse! We just had a rate increase for my department, which is no big deal, but there was no compensation for it. As far as work/life balance, that is still pretty bad. For associates it's not near as bad as managers, as Amazon will suck your life away. As I said in the Pros, Amazon is customer centric to a fault. The company needs to compensate for the hard work of the employees. I believe that if they did this, then the attitude of alot of the employees would change for the better, as there is quite a bit of behavioral problems and negativity. As I mentioned in the Pros, my FC got AC for the summer, so at the least we dont feel like we are working in a sweat shop.

My advice would be, reward your employees. Make them feel like the work they do is worth it. Being customer centric is fine, but when the employees suffer so much for it, it is going too far. People who enjoy working in an area should be allowed to work there, instead of constantly putting people in areas they do not like. This is one of the major complaints in my FC. People who enjoy what they are doing will be more productive.

The culture is very demanding with a high level expectation.

Current Employee - Process Assistant  in  Breinigsville, PA
    Current Employee - Process Assistant in Breinigsville, PA

Pros

I personally like working with the associates and getting to know the very different cultures that they come from. The feeling of knowing that every piece of inventory you touch will eventually make it to a customers front door step is rewarding.

Cons

Working many mandatory overtime days due to poor planning by upper management gets to be a real strain leading up to another peak season.

Provide better training to the new starts and raise the bar from the Temp service and get employees that can live up to the high expectations in each process path.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!