Amazon.com
3.4 of 5 2,796 reviews
www.amazon.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Becoming an Amazon Warrior

Warehouse Associate (Current Employee)
Lewisberry, PA

I have been working at Amazon.com

ProsThe benefits are decent, personal time, vacation time, and gloves and box cutters are provided. The dress code is reasonable, the most they tell you to do is wear a good pair of sneakers to work. They also train employees on heavy lifting equipment.

Cons-The hours can get crazy! They have made employees work 50 hour weeks for about a month at a time and gave little insight as to why this keeps happening, other than people aren't working fast enough.
-Temp to Hire - A person would have to become a temp before they are hired on. I feel like most of the temps don't hold a lot of hope in getting hired on, so they don't put a lot of effort into their work. I feel like most of the temps feel lost in the shuffle of things at work, and don't feel like the company puts very much investment it them.
-Short breaks - We get a half hour for lunch and 2 fifteen minute breaks. It's tough to really take a break in that short amount of time.
- Permanent employees that set a bad example - Some of the Amazonians really don't put a lot of effort into their work and set a poor example for the new people comming in. I really don't feel like management takes these things seriously and adds this chain of events up as to why work doesn't get done.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need to come up with a better plan for hiring and training new warehouse associates. I understand that they are doing the whole direct conversion plan, but I'm not so sure that that would be the answer to the problem. I worry that this plan might rely on interviews, which places that put a lot of stock in interviews tend to hire people that talk more than they can do. We also need to maintain the work ethic of current Amazon employees.

Engaging and Busy... Sometimes too Busy

Manager (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros: You'll be surrounded by some of the smartest people around which allows growth and development. Amazon strives to be innovative and say ahead of the… Cons: Amazon is a tough place to work if you need a work-life balance. I sometimes feel guilty when I take vacation or am ill because… More

Flexible and comfortable

Software Development Engineer Intern (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA

I worked at Amazon.com

Pros: Very comfortable, flexible schedule, just arrive and leave anytime to get your work done.… Cons: Too frugal to employers. Really poor benefits, no free soda or gym or… Advice to Senior Management: Amazon is too much customer oriented, or product oriented. So it's… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!

Amazon.com – Why Work for Us?

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Amazon.com CEO Jeff Bezos. All reviews posted anonymously by Amazon.com employees.