There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Recruiting for the fastest growing and most exciting team at Amazon

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- working on innovative, cutting edge technologies - being part of something which will affect millions of people world wide - being surrounded by the most talented, passionate people in the software industry

Cons

- would like better recruiting systems

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

The best company I've ever worked for

Current Employee - Outbound Warehouse Associate in Lebanon, TN
    Current Employee - Outbound Warehouse Associate in Lebanon, TN

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits; easy-going, understanding managers; you get a raise every 6 months as a Tier 1 associate (aka entry level position); monthly bonuses for every employee; multiple shifts; they allow you to switch shifts/positions after 90 days in a position

Cons

No air-conditioning, but we do have "cooling units" and heat during winter months. Security is pretty tight also so we aren't allowed to have our cell phones while working unless you are an area manager or Tier 3 associate.

Stock price tripled while I was there; lots of hard work

Former Employee - Finance Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Finance Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Amazon.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

By far the biggest pro is the stock price: stock tripled while I was there. Also, at Amazon I had the chance to to work with some of the most dedicated and hardest working individuals in my life. This can be good or bad, but I am putting in the Pros: everyone I worked with at Amazon is very smart. If you work incredibly long hours after a few years you may get promoted. And if the stock price is moving in your favor, this could be a big chunk of change in your pocket.

Cons

I also had the opportunity to work with some of the meanest, most selfish, most back stabbing individuals in my life. Lots of stress and turnover. I am putting the following on the cons (for some people it may be a pro) - Amazon is a high performance, high energy company. This means lots of long hours; once you are not performing you will be out the door in 3-4 months no questions asked. This applies to new hires as well as "tenured" employees. I am also putting this in the cons (for some people it may be a pro) - as you stay in the job and as you are performing, your job will get progressively harder and harder and your responsibilities will progressively increase. But you not get any pay increase or bonus for years to come.

Advice to Management

Advice to people who are thinking to work for Amazon - read the job description carefully. This will be what you will do for the first couple of quarters. After that, the job will become progressively harder, and harder. Compare that with what you get from other companies and make up your decision.