There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

A great place to learn

Current Employee - Financial Analyst II  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Financial Analyst II in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazon is a great place to learn, but the company will burn you out if you let them. Most people at the company are fairly young due to the demanding schedules, but it is a challenging, fun place to work. Pay is average, but stock bonuses raise total compensation above most employers especially when the stock price goes up significantly in a year.

Cons

Promotions and good reviews are dependent on having a good manager. A bad manager can ruin your experience. Definitely not the place to work if you are into being pampered and having your feelings catered to. People are very direct and to the point. It helps business get done quickly, but there isn't much tolerance for politics and little concern about creating a "feel-good" work environment.

Invest in employees more and keep turnover down especially among developers.

3516 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

Burning out the Talent

Former Employee - Program Manager  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Despite having a bad experience I would still recommend working at Amazon. I can only speak for my experience within my team, not the entire company. Some Pros are: You have the opportunity to invent and not be tied down by too many processes and paperwork. Great internal resources and tools to grow. A lot of talented team members. Fun work environment. Compensation and benefits are very competitive.

Cons

I have seen too many full time employees transfer out of a dept or leave the company. All blame work/life balance. There seems to be this "boil the ocean" mentally with leadership. People I know including myself, worked 10-12 hour days and weekends just to keep up with the demand. This was just peaks and valleys based on project phases. This was constant. Its all about driving results with no consideration to the toll it takes on the team.

Actually more advice for the staff - manage your manager or they will run all over you. During your interviews ask what are the things the team wants to accomplish within a year. If you get a different answer from each interviewer - run. Also try to start at the beginning of the year so you have time to ramp up before next year planning begins in the second half of the year. And most importantly, your performance reviews are usually based on your performance in Q3 and Q4.

Over all other places Iworked for

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay fast enviroment. the coworkers are some of the best persons you could work with. Security personal is some of the best around.

Cons

Management are friendly & courteious, but in my openion dont have a clue on how to manage & expolite or utelize there employes to there fullest extent.

GET A CLUE!!!!!!!!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!