There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Interesting and challenging position that leads to a dead end...

Current Employee - Process Assistant in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Process Assistant in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Co-workers who are self-motivated; You can have an enjoyable work environment; Associates have a voice and, if persistent, can affect change; Management is starting to make positive changes in how they interact with Associates; Annual Pay reviews determine increases; Monthly performance bonuses and annual gift of Stock options;

Cons

Co-workers who are no longer self-motivated and not held accountable; Manager rotation requires you to constantly train new Managers; Continuous improvement is actually just Continuous Change as new Managers implement old solutions; Changes to processes and/or standards are poorly communicated or ignored; Annual Pay reviews are based on Local averages and do not factor Cost of Living; Managers do not have the time to develop Associates for the next level; Management turn-over (resignation) is high;

We are struggling to fill and keep leaders due to the failure of preparing our direct reports for advancement; Favoritism due to performance in specific task(s) inhibits the development of Associates and the company; Do not sacrifice the Safety, Quality or Productivity of the internal customer in pursuit of your departments goals; Please change how you interact with each other; Do not assume Push Back is only because others do not understand your idea;

3654 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

Physical torture

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You get paid every two weeks.

Cons

Management treats associates like they are ignorant. They gave unrealistic expectations to meet pick and pack rates. Order pickers have a path that is determined by Amazons computer system. Associates have NO control over this path yet we are judged by it. Management even states that pick paths are poor yet when the weekly review paperwork arrives this fact is forgotten and we are to blame for any shortfall.
    Packers are rated by units per hour without regard to events that slow them down beyond their control - how insulting.
    Management ignores feedback and moves forward with a deaf ear to reality. Regular unannounced mandatory overtime without regard to associates physical weariness is comon. More people need to be hired to address the workload but there are only so many people available in a geographic area. Eventually they will run out of people who will put up with the abuse. Opportunity to train new employees by current employees results in most of them goofing off and not working.

Listen to your associates. We are smarter than you realize. If you don't believe we are working follow us if you can keep up.

sde intern

Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Amazon.com as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

around very smart people
    great opportunity

Cons

amazon is sometimes stingy with equipment ie. monitors

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com