This is a very dynamic company: it should your goal to hier in permanently

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate  in  Hebron, KY
Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Hebron, KY

I worked at Amazon.com as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

It is rarely boring. You'll do something different each day. Always a mini-peak season i e college sessions, holidays. You'll get in shape by walking, lifting , & prolonged standing. You will gain physical flexibility when you participate in group stretching exercises. Meet some interesting new coworkers; and maybe a few with whom you're already acquainted.

Cons

Might be a lot of long hours during peak time. Production quotas may be difficult to meet.

Listen. Empathize. Be forthcoming, especially with potentially bad news.

Other Reviews for Amazon.com

Exciting and dynamic group of smart people working on the next gen big things

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Technology obsessed smart people around you.
    Strong and visionary leadership team
    Lots of growth opportunities

Cons

Very few perks, unstructured in terms of HR.
    Very long working hours

Employees need some more fun than just exciting work!

Software Development Engineer

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Salary well above industry average. I also find agile development practices such as scrum and continuous delivery being very motivating.

Cons

From the start, the recruiting process is deceitful. I was approached by the recruiter. I told her I am only interested if I could be placed in an intermediate but not beginner position. Instead of telling me I may not be qualified to intermediate position, she sign me up for an SDE I anyway. I should have suspected it when my interview questions are standard algorithm/design questions that I could answered in my sleep. Then, I realized being SDE I is the least of my problems. I spend 80% of my time doing operational task and 20% on programming tasks. I am sucking at my job because I suck at operational tasks. Instead of testing me in computer science they should test me how well I can follow a huge amount of trivial instructions. But there is no possibility of changing position until I am here for 1 year. 1 year does not sound that long right? It's only been 4.5 months and my blood pressure has already went up. I can't quit my job either. I would have to pay back the relocation expense, which they did NOT explicitly mentioned in my contract.

Understand who you are hiring.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!