Amazon.com

www.amazon.com
  www.amazon.com
There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

This is a very dynamic company: it should your goal to hier in permanently

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Hebron, KY
Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Hebron, KY

I worked at Amazon.com as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

It is rarely boring. You'll do something different each day. Always a mini-peak season i e college sessions, holidays. You'll get in shape by walking, lifting , & prolonged standing. You will gain physical flexibility when you participate in group stretching exercises. Meet some interesting new coworkers; and maybe a few with whom you're already acquainted.

Cons

Might be a lot of long hours during peak time. Production quotas may be difficult to meet.

Listen. Empathize. Be forthcoming, especially with potentially bad news.

3960 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

Software Development Engineer

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Salary well above industry average. I also find agile development practices such as scrum and continuous delivery being very motivating.

Cons

From the start, the recruiting process is deceitful. I was approached by the recruiter. I told her I am only interested if I could be placed in an intermediate but not beginner position. Instead of telling me I may not be qualified to intermediate position, she sign me up for an SDE I anyway. I should have suspected it when my interview questions are standard algorithm/design questions that I could answered in my sleep. Then, I realized being SDE I is the least of my problems. I spend 80% of my time doing operational task and 20% on programming tasks. I am sucking at my job because I suck at operational tasks. Instead of testing me in computer science they should test me how well I can follow a huge amount of trivial instructions. But there is no possibility of changing position until I am here for 1 year. 1 year does not sound that long right? It's only been 4.5 months and my blood pressure has already went up. I can't quit my job either. I would have to pay back the relocation expense, which they did NOT explicitly mentioned in my contract.

Understand who you are hiring.

Best place I have worked.

Current Employee - Support Specialist in Huntington, WV
    Current Employee - Support Specialist in Huntington, WV

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company shows real desire to help you improve yourself. If you make the effort you can move up.

Cons

Work can sometimes be frustrating, but not the fault of the company.

Keep up the good work.