Amazon.com

www.amazon.com
  www.amazon.com
There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Simply great company to work for

Current Employee - Buying Assistant II in Miramar, FL
Current Employee - Buying Assistant II in Miramar, FL

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros

Great career opportunity and a fun job if you are doing what you like in this company which is I guess 90+% of the employees. They make sure that they hire the right people with desire to work and have fun on the job. The interview process is kind of thorough I my point of view is that it is also effective. They don't want people coming from the street just for the money. They seek for people with passion and expertise in the area that they are applying for. Employees are getting rewarded accordingly with stocks and other benefits.

Cons

Their Headquarters is in Seattle which is not the best state. They have fulfillment centers all over US, however if you would really like to get a job in the Headquarters you have to move to the state were it rains the most throughout the whole USA. In addition, everybody is saying that Seattle has the highest suicide rate because of the weather. If you are applying into FC (fulfillment center) you have less positions to choose from, however you have more states and locations open for opportunity and international revocations are also good opportunity to see the world and enjoy life.

Appreciate the work that the employees are doing for you and reward them. If has saved you 8 hours a week of your job by automating a process, reward him. Don't think it's his job - it's his creativity and knowledge and everybody likes to be rewarded.

3934 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

A great place to work if you are in a software development role

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer In Test II in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer In Test II in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros

You get to work with some of the smartest people in the industry. The environment is very competitive, you would stand out as a sore thumb if you are not performing as well as the others.

The work is quite interesting depending on what aspect of Amazon you are working on. You get to work with latest technologies in the field. You are expected to be a self starter and have the ability to learn on the job and adapt to rapidly changing work priorities.

You should be flexible with your work hours as you might be working weekend when the work is real crazy.

Cons

Work longer hours
    Not much growth opportunity in a QA role
    Bonuses not as good as offered by competition

None

Great coworkers, but subpar pay and recognition.

Former Employee - Web Development Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Web Development Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Amazon.com

Pros

The best part is the flexible hours. The job is project based, so as long as you get your stuff done, you can come in early, late, whatever. While the job is technically an office job, you can work from home on days that you have a doctor's appointment, or if you are feeling under the weather. You get a laptop, which is nice. The BUS/Transit pass was a real nice perk. You can opt for subsidized parking if you prefer. You get stock grants, and good health benefits.

Cons

General salary information for jobs is not provided. I never knew what my coworkers made. When you are applying for an internal job, there is no mention of general pay scale. For me, that made it difficult when trying to gage where I wanted to go in the company. Recognition of accomplishments doesn't happen very often. For example, if you create a new tool for your team, almost no one notices. But if you make a minor mistake, you get in trouble with management. I suppose that could differ from manager to manager though.

Give more transparency for job progression and salary. Recognize accomplishments.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com