Amazon.com
3.3 of 5 3,208 reviews
www.amazon.com Seattle, WA 5000+ Employees

Fantastic (hard work, & fun) in Seattle; ruthlessly taxing in India

Software Engineer II (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA

Pros+ Very smart people -- people aren't only smart intellectually; they are also fairly diverse, so you can actually start to live a normal "life" even if you hang out only with work friends.
+ Opportunities are easy to come by if you are: a) Able to prove that you can get stuff done, and b) Driven to find the opportunities. All you have to do is ask.

Cons- Often, it is easy to lose sight of the personal life of people. Most managers are all of the same kind -- the personal side of the employee comes much later in the decision making process unless the employee puts it front & center.
- The "NPI"s will often derail the best carrots put in front of employees; a project that you were looking forward to this year will often be delayed by a year because of something else that is necessary for the company.

Advice to Senior Management-- Be more mindful of how the compensation plan is structured. Often, employees feel that they have to pay for contributing to the success 2 years ago by getting a small compensation in an existing year.
-- Expect all remote development centers to work just like the main "mothership" in Seattle.

Best Company on Earth!

Human Resources (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros: -competitive salaries with RSUs -entrepreneurial spirit and ability to make a… Cons: -Seattle weather -hard to get promoted Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place to learn

Software Engineer II (Current Employee)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: 1) diversity in teams you can try out 2) Solid technology… Cons: 1) No perks aka stingy 2) operational burden can burn you… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!

Amazon.com – Why Work for Us?

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amazon.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Amazon.com CEO Jeff Bezos. All reviews posted anonymously by Amazon.com employees.