Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

A visionary founder and inventive company that disrupts entire industries - it's pretty fun.

Program Manager III (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsAmazon keeps making bold moves and placing big bets, and while it may appear to be a sophisticated company that is laying waste to competitors on the outside, the culture is self-critical and constantly looking for new ways to invent and deliver new and delightful services to our customers. If you work for an influential technology department at Amazon, it is a fantastic place to learn what it means to launch a business from the ground up - from the inception of an idea to getting a public launch across the finish line.

ConsPerformance reviews are less about your actual contribution at the workplace than they are about managerial opinions about your leadership skills and growth potential. Most review assessments take place before an employee assesses their own goals and although you may have agreed upon your goals with your manager for the year, they may not contribute much to your overall performance review for the year. The review assessment seems more based on judgement rather than measured contribution.

Advice to Senior ManagementDrive bigger goals towards reducing operational burden among the developers at this company. Too many TPM's and PM's drive to evolve the scope of software because it's expedient to do so, but this is done at the expense of good design which maintains a high operational burden for everyone at the company. If Amazon could keep tilt the operational scale to something more like 80/20 between development and operations, this company's achievements on a launch timeline each year would be incredible.

Fast-paced, Customer-centric, but the workday never ends

Senior Product Manager (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Restricted Stock bonuses are very good (as long as the stock continues to… Cons: The workday never ends - It was not uncommon to receive e-mails late into the night with requests to deliver something by the next… Advice to Senior Management: Reward and/or promote managers who get the right results without burning out the team. Provide management training so managers learn… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Innovative and fun company to work for

Operations Manager (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

Pros: Pay very well with good benefits Allow for creativity. Anyone who has a good… Cons: Always changing environment. While this can be a good thing to avoid totally monotonous work, it's kind… Advice to Senior Management: I worked as a lower level manager, but upper management was very up front… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!