There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Worked myself sick for long hours, and they don't seem to care.

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Hebron, KY
Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Hebron, KY

I have been working at Amazon.com part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is decent, and there do seem to be plenty of opportunities for advancement if you're looking to stay in this line of work.

Cons

(Full disclosure: technically, I work for SMX|Staffing Management, within Amazon's CVG3 warehouse - "building 3"). The 10-hour-long shifts are dreadful when you're spending the entirety of them hauling heavy carts or pallets loaded down with product back and forth across an enormous warehouse over and over again, all day long. I was assigned to this and similar tasks every day for over three weeks, in spite of supposed rules in place to prevent this, and I developed blisters, back pain, and bronchitis rather quickly (oh, boy!). They won't excuse an absence due to illness without penalizing you in their ridiculous attendance "point" system. They wouldn't exempt me from mandatory overtime for an important appointment that was scheduled weeks before said overtime was even mentioned, nor would they give an exemption for something as personally significant as attending my brother's wedding! They just said, "oh, you'll have to take a hit on your attendance." Gosh, thanks! I guess they don't expect associates to have a life outside of the warehouse when they schedule 60-hour work weeks with no exceptions, saying, "come in to work, or else," and then inexplicably send about a third of the workforce home early because there's not enough for them to do! Sometimes it seems like the place is run by a mob of imbeciles, and I'm literally and figuratively sick of it.

Advice to Management

Revamp your associate training schemes so everyone is actually on the same page as far as procedures and policies, and be a little more open to the notion that your employees are human beings with lives that don't always revolve around rates and TAKT times!

Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com

1. good place to work

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

smart people enjoy the work and less smart people complain the work, it's a place that makes you grow up.

Cons

on-call policy really makes people stressful and so far didn't hear there's any reward for on-call guys.

I have never worked for a company that cared so much about their employees' health, well-being, and happines!

Current Employee - Outbound Order Picker in Spartanburg, SC
    Current Employee - Outbound Order Picker in Spartanburg, SC

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone works hard, but at the same time, we all have fun while working. All the employees are there to help you with any issue.

Cons

I can't see any cons to being employed by Amazon.com. It's a great place to work, with great benefits.

Advice to Management

I have an Associate's degree in Computer Networking. I have mentioned this to my bosses, they asked me to e-mail my resume` to them, so that they could forward it to the boss of the IT Department at the FC. Instead, they hired someone else. i was disappointed, as I have been out of college for a year and a half now, and I am eager to get my IT career started with Amazon.com.