There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Good Solid Company to work for but employee work performance seems to be only based on your production rates.

I worked at Amazon.com full-time

Pros

Amazon.com is a very solid company growing larger every day with a lot of potential for advancement and a long career.
Very good benefits...

Cons

In my opinion, the biggest con of working at Amazon.com was Amazons production rates system - you have to meet a minimum rate of work which is ,of course, understandable because items have to be stocked on the shelves and orders need to get shipped out to customers but it's constantly thrown at you from team leads/managers,"get your rate up!" I feel that Amazon gets a little over zealous with rates...
Amazon.com uses a point system for being absent, tardy and clocking out early/clocking in late etc. If you accumulate a total of 6 points, Amazon.com will terminate you (unless you have a doctors excuse, etc.) The point system didn't effect me as I went to work every day and was always (and always have been) punctual to my jobs but it really bugged me. I know that employers have to put rules in place to hold their employees accountable and force employees to be responsible but instead of feeling like a valued employee It made me feel like I was in the 6th grade...

Advice to Management

Please don't forget about your hard working associates who may not have the highest rates but are always there working hard giving it their all to do the very best job they can do, thank you...

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Best place to work with and hassle free environment.

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Chennai (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Chennai (India)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employee friendly management. one can easily project their achievement and hard work without any hindrance

Cons

less visibility over the top level management.

2. Very Stylish, Competitive and one of the Best place to work with

Current Employee - Catalog Quality Associate in Chennai (India)
    Current Employee - Catalog Quality Associate in Chennai (India)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1> Competitive, Good Leadership, Good Place For Learning Ownership, Dedication.
    2> One Can Learn To Improve Quality Of Work.
    3> Cool Work Environment.
    4> Fun During Work Time.
    5> One Can Learn Well How To Deal With Issues, Challenges And Meet The Certain Targets.

Cons

1> No Dress Codes.
    2> Sometime Have To Work For Extra Hours To Finish The Priority And Make The Pending Status Zero.
    3> Maintaining The Quality Score >99.5%, Which Is Bit Difficult.
    4> Salary Is Low In Associate Level.

Advice to Management

1> Salary Should Be Higher For Associate Levels.
    2> Management Must Understand That Sometimes It Is Bit Difficult To Achieve 99.52%
    3> There Are Multiple Processes And Stages For Quality Checks, Which Is Required But Wasting Time Too.