Decent place to work

Former Employee - Ship Clerk in Breinigsville, PA
Former Employee - Ship Clerk in Breinigsville, PA

I worked at Amazon.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people were great. I met a lot of people that I was happy to work with. Most of the area managers were good people.

Cons

They do not hire real managers. Most of them do not know how to deal with people. It is all data management which for Tier III or lower makes life miserable. We never had the help or people to accomplish what was needed. I personally got very little support from my managers.

Advice to Management

Need better communication. One purpose to a chain of command is that messages get passed down to those that need the information. Too often it was last minute information instead of planning and talking to people who need to be in the know. Very disappointed.

Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Ad Operations in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Ad Operations in New York, NY

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong work environment, good compensation, and good support from Managers. Also a strong team.

Cons

Not much upward mobility, only way to advance is to switch departments though they are helpful when you do request a transfer.

Satisfied experience, learned an enormous amount as Software Engineer college intern

Former Intern - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Former Intern - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Amazon.com as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Many systems and products, so huge opportunity to learn, do anything, and move around. Company takes customer experience seriously, so you learn to be in an environment that can not fail, and must perform. Flexible hours and work schedule.

Cons

Very independent work, and difficult to learn so many systems at once. Seeking help is difficult because only a select few know the systems, and they're extremely busy.

Advice to Management

Better mentorship and more help on ramp up.