Sales Manager

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Recruiters are polite, thorough, very organized. Schedule phone screenings and any additional phone interviews as needed. You are given sufficient time to ask and/or email all questions and I found HR to be quite helpful in the early stages. It is a lengthy process , however they are clear about this upfront.

Cons

Mid Managers are not impressive. Don't like to be questioned or challeneged. For the most part , the are not "experts" in their fields and designated markets. I was actually surprised as to how little experience middle to upper management had in certain departments, given the amount of interviewing and screening required before one is even made an offer to join a team. That said, certain areas are definitely better places to work than others. Not a fan of the sales leadership/division and do not recommend working there.

Advice to Management

If you expect the best from people you hire, you should in turn provide the best management and leadership possible. Lead by example.

Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com

Doing the same tedious work over and over.

Former Employee - Labor in Covington, KY
    Former Employee - Labor in Covington, KY

I worked at Amazon.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy quick hiring process. And for that it does pay better then most quick hire jobs. Easy to learn operations and decent work out.

Cons

Hard labor and working with the dumbest people ever. After making a suggestion I was told just to do what I'm told because this is like "slave labor".

Advice to Management

Improve training process for new employees so that they can learn multiple jobs. Thus making days seem more interesting because one wouldn't be doing the same thing over and over. Maybe this would help retain good workers.

Good

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Seattle, WA

I worked at Amazon.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very Dynamic, good place to start career, learn lot of things in less period of time, Business is growing and expanding so too many things to learn

Cons

One gets lost on the core and delivering due to so much happening around. Too much volatility due to continuous change in the business. Promotions are hard. Career and self development is neglected.