Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

Sales Manager

ProsRecruiters are polite, thorough, very organized. Schedule phone screenings and any additional phone interviews as needed. You are given sufficient time to ask and/or email all questions and I found HR to be quite helpful in the early stages. It is a lengthy process , however they are clear about this upfront.

ConsMid Managers are not impressive. Don't like to be questioned or challeneged. For the most part , the are not "experts" in their fields and designated markets. I was actually surprised as to how little experience middle to upper management had in certain departments, given the amount of interviewing and screening required before one is even made an offer to join a team. That said, certain areas are definitely better places to work than others. Not a fan of the sales leadership/division and do not recommend working there.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you expect the best from people you hire, you should in turn provide the best management and leadership possible. Lead by example.

Great for people without college

Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros: 3 days off per week Cons: Communication very poor very young managers do not promote from within as much as they could Feel like cattle being herded Some managers treat hourly workers like children and… Advice to Senior Management: The training is a joke Managers need more mentoring (young and old) not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good

Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

I worked at Amazon.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Very Dynamic, good place to start career, learn lot of things in less… Cons: One gets lost on the core and delivering due to so much happening around. Too much… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!