There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

An overall safe enviroment with many oppertunities to advance within the company.

Former Contractor - Integrity Coach in Indianapolis, IN
Former Contractor - Integrity Coach in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Amazon.com as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Safety was a huge priority with Amazon. They personally train evey employee and expect each associate to meet a general quota by the end of a week. The overall facility is extremely well organized and clean. Generally, most associates are kind and willing to aid one another to ensure an overall success for the company.

Cons

At times, the quota to make is slightly out of reach for associates not physically fit for their position. There is no forwarning of the end of your assignment, so termination is swift and unforseen. Breaks are not given in full as associates are expected to be back at their stations exactly at the end of each break. To make it back to your station in time, you often have to cut your break short in order to avoid receiving a written warning from your area manager.

Advice to Management

All managers ask associates to make the general standards set by Amazon so no favortism takes place. Managers often offer advice to help increase the rate of associates not quite making their quota.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great experience

Former Employee - Technical Program Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Technical Program Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Amazon.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart people
    Successful business
    Builds new stuff

Cons

Only good for rockstars, if you are not planning to be the best - don't bother. Even from a money perspective, only rockstars get promoted and the big bonuses.

Positive Change

Current Employee - Safety Coordinator in Shepherdsville, KY
    Current Employee - Safety Coordinator in Shepherdsville, KY

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I appreciate their focus and structure. It seems to me to be a very effective company. We've just recently begun making the transition to an Amazon run fulfillment center and the positive changes are already apparent.

Cons

Any negative thing I would have to offer is in regards to the transition and that is not a fair assessment of other facilities.