Amazon.com

www.amazon.com
There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Manage your own work/life balance, and it's a great place to work

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time

Pros

Smart and passionate people, interesting problems, and a great connection to the business

Cons

Oncall, managers who ask for more until you say enough

4190 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

So much for "attack the process, not the person".

Former Employee - Support Staff in Fernley, NV
    Former Employee - Support Staff in Fernley, NV

I worked at Amazon.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Competative pay
    Good benefits
    A few decent people still work there.

Cons

Shady operation- when something doesn't work, they don't look at the broken pieces, they blame the people rather than work with them to correct the problem.

Don't play the double jeopardy game (have a corrective discussion with the employee then turn around and write them up for the same issue that had already been discussed and corrected). Also, quit changing policies just because you're not getting the results you want. Give the current policies a chance to take hold and results to happen.

Hard working, smart people, cool projects

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Amazon.com full-time

Pros

At Amazon you are surrounded by the most intelligent, creative, problem solving, hard working people from all over the globe. The people are truly amazing. The people are definitely why the company is so successful.

Cons

It feels like Amazon grew too fast, they have some archaic practices that make some day to day things unbearable. It also felt at times the culture was very fear based. I was told I was doing well, but it seemed clear that the consequences would be dire if anything went awry. I also have never worked so many hours in my life - I went into that job with my eyes open, but still was unprepared. I think that goes back to the fear based environment. It is a cool company, with crazy smart people I was glad to work next to, and I am glad they are in Seattle, employing so many people and contributing to a good local economy, but I was so happy to have my weekends AND nights back after leaving.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com