There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Best place to work if you believe in yourself !

Current Employee - Seller Support Associate in Hyderābād (India)
Current Employee - Seller Support Associate in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of the best work environment I could find here.

Cons

Few senior leadership people try to rule this company and misuse authority.

Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com

Take Google's engineering scale, mix Apple's customer satisfaction focus, and you get Amazon

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time

Pros

For an engineer, not excited about the roller-coaster ride in a start-up, it cannot get any better than Amazon. You will get to work of technologies that need to scale to cater million if customer, and hundreds of million requests made by these customers. With AWS as backbone, and working with tons of in-house and open source technologies, you will gain invaluable experience, which ensure both technical and financial growth. The companies motto of being frugal and passing the saving to the customer will ensure you always come up with the right engineering solution to problem.

Cons

Good pay, but not a lot of extra perks. Limited financial growth at the company, but it prepares you for good financial growth outside the company.

Advice to Management

Invest a bit more in employees

Three years I'll never get back - and no I haven't been fired, I just wanna leave..

Current Employee - Not Worth the Risk Revealing What I Do, They'll BE After Me! in Dudelange (Luxembourg)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Package WITH CAVEATS: The stock is pretty decent for the first couple of years, then it overperforms and you're like totally screwed ("it's not our fault we did so well" cry the fat cats) Some people are really decent and they try super hard.

Cons

The tech is substandard, I mean it's hard sometimes to just get the basics done without raising ticket after ticket The processes are ludicrous (and - worse - inefficient) Complete diregard for people's lives - work and social (most of us are pretty young, we need to live a little outside of work - I see little of the 'work hard' ethic) The salary is poor for such an expensive, dreary place to live

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach guys. It's about time to wake up and smell your substandard coffee: Amazon is no longer a startup but a (tenuously profitable, true) multi billion dollar business thats been around for almost 20 years. Stop hiding behind cool slogans and 'leadership principles' that you don't represent and use as an excuse not to spend money. Grow up. If you can't spend because profits are so poor, then rethink your strategy.