Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

What You'd Expect from #1

Merchandiser (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

Pros-You're working at the #1 online retailer in the world, thus many of the projects you work on are truly meaningful and rewarding.
-You're working with tons of other passionate, overachiever, type-A, business geniuses who genuinely care about the success of the company. Lots of employees are loyal Amazon customers and are working to ensure that the company continues to provide great selection, prices, and customer service. I learned so much from my colleagues, and they inspired me every day.
-The new campus is a great working environment. There are tons of dining options nearby, in a variety of price ranges. Parking (if you can land a subsidized spot in a garage) is pretty affordable, dogs are allowed in the buildings, which makes for a relaxing midday break, lots of offices have views of the water, the Space Needle, or the mountains, and there's easy access to downtown, Capitol Hill, or Queen Anne.
-Compensation is top-notch. You work hard, yes, but Amazon compensates handsomely in return for all that stress and 60-hour workweeks.

Cons-Amazon can be a pressure-cooker sometimes. It's often extremely stressful, especially during Q4. Plan on having your work email and calendar on your smartphone, and plan on getting urgent emails from upper management in the evenings, weekends, during holidays, you name it. You're expected to be unofficially on-call 24 hours a day.
-Advancement here is notoriously difficult, especially in the lower-level jobs. I've known dozens of employees who spent 5+ years in the same job, even with excellent reviews.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall I think Amazon is a fantastic place to work, especially for those hired on as mid-level or senior management. Keep it up!

SDE Intern

Software Development Engineer Intern (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

I worked at Amazon.com as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Cool place, lots of smart people around. Good pay. Cons: Company doesnt offer any perks. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros: A lot of technical questions. Cons: Sort of a slow process. More

There are newer reviews on Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!