There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Good company, but easy to burn out

Current Employee - Program Manager  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Program Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Challenging. Innovative. Iterates to perfection. Customer-centric.

Cons

Bureaucratic. Overburdens employees. Cheap, not frugal.

Hire for the work needed rather than assign work to whomever is available.

3510 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

Get off my back, out of my way and let me sell!

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time

Pros

The most innovative company in the market with an incredible offering that really enables the business of the customers. The people who work here at all levels are astounding and brilliant. The product helps the customers like no offering I have ever been a part of. A trully game changing set of tools and solutions.

Cons

Lots of the cons depend on your sales manager as with all sales jobs. I struck out and landed the worst manager I have ever had. The company already has a culture of who can work harder and longer hours but my manager likes to assign mindless busy work. He never listens to his people and never under any circumstances agrees with us. The company has not had a sales staff so they have yet to learn how to get it done. They saddle us with onerous busy work - reports, QBRs, strategy documents, reviews on and on. Can I go sell please? Comp plan is fairly weak as well (recruiters really over sell it by a lot). I'll put up with it for the short term as I like enabling my clients but when the competition closes the gap I'll go find a culture that enables the sale people rather than micro-managing and dis empowering.

The Romans did not rule the world by having meetings or doing reports. They did it by killing all who opposed them.

They treat you really well, but there's still politics

Current Employee - User Experience Designer  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good compensation, talented people, pretty interesting projects that impact millions of people on a regular basis. You can see your changes have dramatic affects on the companies bottom line.

Cons

You don't do very much visual design. Amazon makes so many VERY small changes that it gets to be a bit boring if you're more interested in DESIGN instead of min maxing the smallest details with web labs and A/B testing.

Take more risks and innovate on a larger scale without being so timid and immediately rolling back changes when a small population gets upset because they dont understand how useful a change will be.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!