Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

Great company becoming good!

Current Employee - HRBP  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - HRBP in Seattle, WA

Pros

Lots of opportunity! Great work environment with lot's of growth. Opportunities to roll up your sleeves and get work done.

Cons

Way too many hires from Microsoft and the company is becoming bureaucratic with a lot of posing and undermining others. Before you did not have to worry about politics and could focus on your work but now work has aloes down, more meetings and ess productivity. Many old Amazonian's have left, not simply from stock vest but because the work-people are coming to the company since the stock has done well, not because they want to work hard, have fun and make history!

Do something to screen people who are interested in the company for greed and a self interest.
HR needs improvement. No ethics!

Other reviews for Amazon.com

Good company, but easy to burn out

Current Employee - Program Manager  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

Challenging. Innovative. Iterates to perfection. Customer-centric.

Cons

Bureaucratic. Overburdens employees. Cheap, not frugal.

Hire for the work needed rather than assign work to whomever is available.

Get off my back, out of my way and let me sell!

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

Pros

The most innovative company in the market with an incredible offering that really enables the business of the customers. The people who work here at all levels are astounding and brilliant. The product helps the customers like no offering I have ever been a part of. A trully game changing set of tools and solutions.

Cons

Lots of the cons depend on your sales manager as with all sales jobs. I struck out and landed the worst manager I have ever had. The company already has a culture of who can work harder and longer hours but my manager likes to assign mindless busy work. He never listens to his people and never under any circumstances agrees with us. The company has not had a sales staff so they have yet to learn how to get it done. They saddle us with onerous busy work - reports, QBRs, strategy documents, reviews on and on. Can I go sell please? Comp plan is fairly weak as well (recruiters really over sell it by a lot). I'll put up with it for the short term as I like enabling my clients but when the competition closes the gap I'll go find a culture that enables the sale people rather than micro-managing and dis empowering.

The Romans did not rule the world by having meetings or doing reports. They did it by killing all who opposed them.

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com.

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!