There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Everything I hoped for and feared

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Product Management  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Senior Manager, Product Management in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture is remarkable here - this is a company that truly abides by its leadership principles. Two in particular stand out. Customer obsession: If you believe that building great products and businesses starts by understanding the customer and committing to solve their goals, you will fit in well. Ownership: If you do your best work when you feel like a business owner and want to have the freedom to dive in, you will fit in well. If you don't match up with either of these statements, you won't succeed.

Cons

Is the workload a lot? Sure - solving big problems with customer focus takes focus and determination. Expectations are high. Amazon hires the best and then expects the best from its hires. In my experience, the workload is consistent with other top tech companies that want to win.

3489 Other Employee Reviews for Amazon.com (View Most Recent)

Good senior leadership, and great customer obsession

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer II
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer II

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company really is obsessed with the customer. There are a lot of really challenging projects inside the company that are a blast to work on and you get to be around a lot of really intelligent people.

Cons

Frugality being a core value sometimes comes at a cost. There aren't many company holidays or vacation days for employees. The work-life balance is definitely tilted more towards work. Deadlines are often tight and goals are very big, causing lots of late nights.

I enjoy my job

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazon is always trying to improve the way they do things. As an employee, I like being made a part of some of these decisions. Amazon's healthcare benefits are amazing and I would be hard pressed to find another job with comparable coverage.

Cons

The hourly pay as a warehouse associate is mediocre at best. However, we enjoy monthly bonuses

There are newer employer reviews for Amazon.com

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!